• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland XR-640 intermittent cutting issue

LaurisGr

Hello All,

I'm experiencing cutting issues in one specific approx. 6inch long area (range), that can be seen highlighted in GIF below. Outside of the highlighted range printer cuts excellent, within the marked range it does not cut all. Also I've noticed if I'm setting the base point and I am passing cut carriage over affected range, blade holder drops the blade a bit (not touching the media) and lifts it back into normal position as soon as the cut carriage is outside of defective range.

Cutting strip is new and just replaced, unfortunately no improvement.

Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and how this can be fixed?
If that seems like cut carriage cable issue, does anyone have instructions on how to replace it?
Any ideas, advice would be appreciated very much.

roland xr-640.gif

thank you,
Lauris

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We've got that machine, but I have no idea what's happening. Seems glitch-like... have you tried powering down the machine and starting it back up?

Does it do this on any file your cutting, or just one particular job?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I also replied on your other thread. I would suggest you have a tech check and calibrate the upper and lower pressure settings on the cutter head (2 different strain gauge tools and dummy white pen are required). I had the same issue on a VG that was cutting random depths. When I attempted to calibrate the pressure settings, I discovered the lower pressure setting wouldn't hold the cutter solenoid down. Replacing the cut tool assembly fixed the issue.

Attachments

• Tool pressure adjustment.pdf
    0 bytes · Views: 171

LaurisGr

Quick update on the issue.

I've had tech check my Roland XR-640, here are the part numbers that had to be replaced in order to fix the issue:
1000006947 CABLE-CARD,12P1 2950L BB HIGH-V, 1pc
1000009651 GUIDE,CABLE FLEX-CUT XR-640, 2pcs

Now it all works fine, printer is back to normal. These are relatively cheap parts, most of the expenditure will go to cover tech's time to replace parts unless someone feels confident doing it on their own. Anyhow hopefully this might be helpful to XR-640 owners.

Thanks to all who got involved with advice.