Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland xr 640 Streaks

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Rednallohd, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Rednallohd

Rednallohd New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Roland Just started printing streaks. It looks like the head is hitting but it is not. My employee performed cleanings both automatic and manual.

Any ideas?

TIA
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Rydaddy

Rydaddy Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Michigan
    Maintenance

Was the print head (or heads) and carriage station physically cleaned, or was a "cleaning" ran that just flushes ink through the head?

3. reQ

reQ Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Canada
    Thats the first thing i thought about, but if you are sure its not happening, then i don't know

4. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Questions...

What material, heater settings, profile, firmware version?

Also, pic of nozzle test.

When was the last time the rubber wiper and captop assembly was replaced, or how old is the currently installed items?

5. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

One more thing... change media and print file on different material. Still the same issue?

6. dispen

dispen New Member

Dec 28, 2013
    turkey
    Hi,

It is highly probably that there is some kind of residual piece which rubs the media on scan direction.

The color of the streak is same with the preceding font. That is a simple evidence about my claim.

I advice you/your employee to move print head (while it is turned off) to the left and check print heads' corners, edge for any kind piece.

We might encounter that issue many times; and the issue was always same.

Regards...