• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Xr640 print problem

Aleks

Hi,

I come from France and my English is poor, sorry...

I bought my xr640 in 2012 and worked well but today i had my first big trouble...

My white didn’t work since a long time around 2014. And today i saw a bad printing render like sometimes it’s happen when the heads are dirty.
So I started manual cleaning and then I saw lot of white ink everywhere around the head B and captop...

I will try to upload picture, i’m Currently with my phone.

EDIT PICTURES :
1510860600-1.jpg

1510860600-2.jpg

1510860600-6.jpg

1510860600-4.jpg

1510860600-7.jpg

I try to blew in a pipe, I thought they was obstruct but ink circulated correctly...

I don’t know what to do now !

Thanks you

Last edited:

Aleks

Up: now i have blocked the white ink I tightened the pipe but now with my test print head B didn't print... i have nothing just head A... i don't know what to do :(

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We had a damper rupture a while back (metallic) on our old VS-540 and the ink ended up on the circuit board of the head and killed it.
There might be a chance that this has happened to you, as it looks like the exact same problem with ink everywhere. I hope not though, as replacement was very expensive.
Not sure if you can replace a damper yourself. We had too many things go wrong at once, Roland came and sorted it all out for us so we could get back to work straight away.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Turn off the machine. Unplug the power cord. You don’t want any ink to leak onto any of the boards. Call a tech for service as soon as possible. Do not attempt to repair by your own. We’ve seen printers got worst, a lot worst. Contact Roland headquarter for repair dealers in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk