• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll decals

altereddezignz

Is there an easy way to do contour cut decals on a roll. I mean i guess we can print them on the 54" sheet then cut each line out and roll it around a 3" tube and tape the ends together.

CanuckSigns

Is there an easy way to do contour cut decals on a roll. I mean i guess we can print them on the 54" sheet then cut each line out and roll it around a 3" tube and tape the ends together.

Easiest way is to order them from a supplier who does this and mark them up, the amount of labour involved to get them on a roll would cost more than just ordering them and being done with it.

altereddezignz

I am already having to cut each run of decals out anyways when doing contour cut jobs so why not just tape the ends together to make it in a roll?

So lets say i have a job that has 10 decals wide and it prints on 10 ft of material.

After i contour cut it i cut the decals into 10 ft strips.
Stack 8 rows on top of each other and use a gelatin ( not sure thats spelled right) cutter to cut them apart.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I just tell customers we don't provide a continuous roll, only strips, sheets or individuals. If they want a roll, they have to wait 7-10 working days then I sub them out. Anything over about 1000 I sub out anyway.

mameighan

I usually sub these out but print smaller runs.

What vinyl do you guys use for there sort of jobs? Do you laminate?

ProColorGraphics

I will do the die cutting for the shapes, then tell the cutter to perf cut them into strips. Then all I have to do is roll them up. Not too hard for me anyways. I always make sure to keep my tubes from heat press material. It seems to be a lot thinner and easier to cut down to use as the core on these.