• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolland Xj 540 Internal Error Code 1942091

warcroft

Did you find a solution?

I have a XJ-640 with the same internal error code and it started happening about the same date you posted this.

Warhog42

I got a response from Rolland and they said firm ware out of date tried update still not working. Had grant graphics come out and they said it was the strip and sensor that determined where the carriage was. That had already been replaced so the computer board that runs that sensor is culprit from what Rolland said. Coming in tomorrow or weds. Will keep you posted. When the error came up on sheet cut it hit end wall

ProPDF

I got a response from Rolland and they said firm ware out of date tried update still not working. Had grant graphics come out and they said it was the strip and sensor that determined where the carriage was. That had already been replaced so the computer board that runs that sensor is culprit from what Rolland said. Coming in tomorrow or weds. Will keep you posted. When the error came up on sheet cut it hit end wall
If you are trying to save money here is the board for $180. Get a new sensor and strip from them too. They are too cheap to not have a spare on hand. Just order by DHL and put it in yourself....or have tech do it.
[$ 159.68] Original Roland XC-540 / XJ-640 / XJ-740 Print Carriage Board - W700311311

ProPDF

Also find out how many printing hours are on your machine. Make sure your carriage motor is in good shape as it could be time to replace it as well.

Warhog42

Also find out how many printing hours are on your machine. Make sure your carriage motor is in good shape as it could be time to replace it as well.
I just bought this machine used and they are warranty the parts and labor. And Rolland pulled service record. Motor was changed. Have new ink supply board too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Warhog42

I just bought this machine used and they are warranty the parts and labor. And Rolland pulled service record. Motor was changed. Have new ink supply board too

Thanks to info

warcroft

Will keep you posted.
I got this response from a Roland dude in another thread:

"Internal Error 1942091 could be caused by a variety of factors (e.g. flushing adjustment, encoder scale/sensor issue, belt tension, etc), all of which would require dealer tech intervention. Please contact your Roland dealer to schedule service for the printer."

Belt tension is a possibility.
Our problem started after we had our scan motor replaced. So Im going to have a play with the belt tension today.