• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rollover Flexi Flatbed Applicator vs Gfp 363TH Laminator

reprographicarts

We are looking to upgrade our GBC 64" cold laminator with
Rollover Flexi Flatbed Applicator or Gfp 363TH Laminator.
We run air egress adhesive vinyl on the Colorado and print direct from the Arizona to dibond.
Both need cold overlaminate. Presently we just run the substrates through from one table on each side and manually pull the liner as it goes through. Looking for and pros and cons before we pull the triger.
Thankyou.

Brandon708

Do you ever need to laminate very large prints, wraps or whole rolls?

Laminating vinyl on the applicator table works fine and I have been able to laminate prints larger than the table but its a little tricky. If you mostly print 4x8s and lam and apply the table would be the best option. I have a GFP 563th and hardly ever use it anymore since I got the Role-x Table. I would highly recommend a application table. It will make production so much faster.

MikePro

CWT > Rollover, imho, but both great machines. Price check one against the other and make your call, but apparently the same engineer designed both.

Keep the laminator around for sheet lamination, but the applicator table is my new favorite vinyl application tool. Which is a shame, since my 9ft wingspan had some serious clout here at the shop at one point for being able to hand-apply a 4x8sheet of non-egress vinyl but I sweat a lot less these days and conserve my efforts for installations.