• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rollover vs Rollsroller

swordguy3222

We are looking at upgrading our laminating in our shop to either the Rollover or the Rollsroller. Has anyone used either? I see some have used the Rollsroller but not much has been mentioned on here about the Rollover. The big question is the Rollsroller is pneumatic and pressure can be adjusted, but no where is any of the literature do I see if the Rollover is pneumatic or mechanical for the pressure. Hope someone out there has the answer I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

We are looking at upgrading our laminating in our shop to either the Rollover or the Rollsroller. Has anyone used either? I see some have used the Rollsroller but not much has been mentioned on here about the Rollover. The big question is the Rollsroller is pneumatic and pressure can be adjusted, but no where is any of the literature do I see if the Rollover is pneumatic or mechanical for the pressure. Hope someone out there has the answer I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

It's pneumatic. Youtube has videos of both you can watch. They are pretty informative. But you can hear the air when she lowers the roller. That means that just a simple valve could make the pressure adjustable if there isn't one on the unit already.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What do you guys think of that equipment? It doesn't make sense to me to have something like this instead of a normal laminator.

What do you guys think of that equipment? It doesn't make sense to me to have something like this instead of a normal laminator.

To me it's more of an addition to a standard laminator. If all you are doing is laminating prints a rollsroller is not for you. But if you have a laminator and are starting to do more mounting to substrates you need to invest in one of these. A rollsroller or DesertLaminator can make much quicker work out of a 4x8 sheeted sign then a front load laminator.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
To me it's more of an addition to a standard laminator. If all you are doing is laminating prints a rollsroller is not for you. But if you have a laminator and are starting to do more mounting to substrates you need to invest in one of these. A rollsroller or DesertLaminator can make much quicker work out of a 4x8 sheeted sign then a front load laminator.

Excellent answer, I wasn't thinking of the board mounting application. Makes more sense now.

dypinc

Excellent answer, I wasn't thinking of the board mounting application. Makes more sense now.

I have been board mounting with a Seal dual roller laminator for years using much the same method that I see used on flatbed laminators. When I watch the flatbed laminator videos they seem so limited in what you can do with it over all I can do with my seal. Other than the light table I just can't see why I would want one.

T

TonyC

Try CWT Tools

I looked at all the choices available and bought the CWT Tools table. It was installed early January of this year and so far we love it. It has reduced laminating and mounting mistakes by over 90%. This has reduced reprints and saves money. It has effectively increased our production by 30 percent easily. This is a lot cheaper than hiring another employee.

FatCat

I looked at all the choices available and bought the CWT Tools table. It was installed early January of this year and so far we love it. It has reduced laminating and mounting mistakes by over 90%. This has reduced reprints and saves money. It has effectively increased our production by 30 percent easily. This is a lot cheaper than hiring another employee.

What kind of cost for the CWT brand? Similar to Rolls Roller? I just can't seem to wrap my head around a $20-$25,000 table unless I was was doing mounting all day every day...something that we only do 2-3 hours per day at my small shop...

For laminating, I can see the benefit, but again, I have a $2,500 US Tech laminator that does great and at 1/10 the cost...

Please someone show me how a smaller shop can justify the expense of one of these tables...

reQ

I will say it again - under 8k delivered to your nearest sea port from China. Performs EXACTLY the same. Have no idea why people spend 20-25k on Rollsroller/CWT/Rollover etc etc.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I will say it again - under 8k delivered to your nearest sea port from China. Performs EXACTLY the same. Have no idea why people spend 20-25k on Rollsroller/CWT/Rollover etc etc.

Which one are you referring to? Is there a website or anything on where to order them or see them in action?

swordguy3222

What kind of cost for the CWT brand? Similar to Rolls Roller? I just can't seem to wrap my head around a $20-$25,000 table unless I was was doing mounting all day every day...something that we only do 2-3 hours per day at my small shop...

For laminating, I can see the benefit, but again, I have a $2,500 US Tech laminator that does great and at 1/10 the cost...

Please someone show me how a smaller shop can justify the expense of one of these tables...

We have a new customer that needs a lot of glass panels laminated. I have a roll to roll Seal laminator but to do a 4'x10' sheet of glass laminated straight using optically clear vinyl, roll to roll is not the way to go. For almost all other laminating roll is still the best way.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Here's what we use to mount prints to substrates. Its simply an old laminator that the motor failed on years ago, but has a hand crank. I love it! I had never seen a setup like this before I started here, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. The roller press machines are nice, but I feel like I can work faster with our setup because I can control the speed and don't have to wait for the pneumatics to lower the rollers and such. I can mount a 4x8 panel in less than 5 minutes with no problem and it produces amazing results.

I did a quick google search for something similar...
http://www.sign-in-china.com/produc...fOX98D45WLxKeAFDwYZTL1fYIkn6434xhvBoC3SHw_wcB

Attachments

• T1 Mounting Table.jpg
    T1 Mounting Table.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 322

dypinc

The only way I can see a $20-$25,000 table being of much use doing mounting all day every day would be if everything you were doing was a different size, but even then it still seem that printing roll to take-up roll and then loading the roll on a roller laminator with guides setup for your substrates would be much more efficient. What about an over-lamante? Seems that would be better suited for a roller laminator as well. Just roll to roll laminate then roll to substrate and release liner to the take-up roll. I can feed to substrate so fast that it takes three or four guys trimming just to keep up. I can't wrap my head around how a flatbed laminator would be efficient for this, with all the handling of the vinyl, release liner, etc.

Split76

Here's what we use to mount prints to substrates. Its simply an old laminator that the motor failed on years ago, but has a hand crank. I love it! I had never seen a setup like this before I started here, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. The roller press machines are nice, but I feel like I can work faster with our setup because I can control the speed and don't have to wait for the pneumatics to lower the rollers and such. I can mount a 4x8 panel in less than 5 minutes with no problem and it produces amazing results.

I did a quick google search for something similar...
http://www.sign-in-china.com/produc...fOX98D45WLxKeAFDwYZTL1fYIkn6434xhvBoC3SHw_wcB

Heheheh, i bought my first rollsroller at 2009 and my CWT last year.. your feel that youre faster is wrong :D You can control the speed by pushing or pulling faster, and there is no waiting time at moving the roller up and down. Just try it.

bigben

I also found this one on youtube that is full motorized. It could be a very good feature.

[video=youtube;B2SgTSkTmgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SgTSkTmgA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2B

I also found this one on youtube that is full motorized. It could be a very good feature.

[video]https://youtu.be/B2SgTSkTmgA[/video]

intriguing,

my question is what up the air gun, seriously you need air to roll the backing up? or is there such a static discharge this is required to get it off the vinyl

T

TonyC

These tables are not for everyone. We used a regular laminator and a setup similar to what BlueMoon posted above for mounting. Our production manager was spending 8 hours a day running the printer, laminating, mounting and trimming and was not getting everything done each day. He was leaving 2 and 3 jobs a day not done.
We installed this table and now he is usually done with everything but the printing by 2 or 3 o'clock each day. I spent 26K for the table (6' x 15.5'), shipping, installation and their new cutter system. That is less than 1 employee for a year and it doesn't b**ch at all.
I can now do 3-4 more jobs a day without adding more employees.
If you don't have the work load then by all means keep on trucking with what works for you. If you're working late each day and weekends, by all means give them a look and enjoy the time off.

Zambookajoe

we've been using a rollover for the last 3 years, and without a doubt it will boost your production, but It will not replace a conventional laminator, you can laminate with it but only for short runs

It was a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, its lightning fast, everybody uses it and say they could go without.

we have the 5 by 10 if I could go back Id get the 4x8, 5x10 takes too much room

FS-Keith

we've been using a rollover for the last 3 years, and without a doubt it will boost your production, but It will not replace a conventional laminator, you can laminate with it but only for short runs

It was a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, its lightning fast, everybody uses it and say they could go without.

we have the 5 by 10 if I could go back Id get the 4x8, 5x10 takes too much room

wishing you had gotten the smaller one is interesting. I assume you do not do anything much bigger then 4x8? hasnt it been a life saver when you have a5x10 sheet to lay?