• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolls Roller Roll X work table being installed today

CL Visual

Super excited about this. I've tormented over which brand to buy for the past year and this year at SGIA, I finally made a decision. I went with the Roll-X 400/175. I like the electronic height adjustment since we have someone that's 4'11" and someone that's 6'2". Also love the cutting edge on the side for quick straight cuts. I'll post up some pics when it's all done.

I'm sure you'll love it. I just mounted prints on four 4' x 8' panels the other day in 20 minutes with our RollsRoller, which included the time it took to trim the excess vinyl from the edges and load and unload the sheets from the table. It took longer to line the prints up with the panels than it did to actually apply them. I cannot even imagine the stress and time it would have taken to mount all four of those by hand. We use it as our sole laminator for applying laminate over prints, as well. It was a great investment and I wouldn't have a sign shop without one.

CL Visual

So far very happy with the unit. I had it delivered unassembled. Came in a big crate that was beyond the capabilities of a forklift. I had to get a flatbed tow truck to winch it off the tractor trailer onto the flatbed. He then was able to drop it off in the shop. Tubelite techs came and assembled it in about 4 hours and spent a couple hours training us on it. I had every single person in the building, including office girls and designers mounting and laminating within minutes.

Brandon708

Super excited about this. I've tormented over which brand to buy for the past year and this year at SGIA, I finally made a decision. I went with the Roll-X 400/175. I like the electronic height adjustment since we have someone that's 4'11" and someone that's 6'2". Also love the cutting edge on the side for quick straight cuts. I'll post up some pics when it's all done.

Hi CL,

I was looking at a laminate table and I narrowed it down to the Roll-X. After owning it for several months what are your thoughts? Would you recommend it? Any bugs in the machine that you are noticing?

Thanks!

CL Visual

Hi CL,

I was looking at a laminate table and I narrowed it down to the Roll-X. After owning it for several months what are your thoughts? Would you recommend it? Any bugs in the machine that you are noticing?

Thanks!

I absolutely love it. We use it a lot for mounting prints on hard substrates like durabond, foamcore, sintra, etc. Also do a lot of laminating on it. The process is very simple and it's a one man operation but it leaves some quality to be desired. It leaves some silvering on darker prints that will typically go away eventually but annoying to see. We've also found other simple uses for it. For example, we do a lot of print and cut decals. Once we start weeding a corner, we use the roller to hold the sheet so we can rip the rest of the matrix using two hands to make it quicker.

Another great feature is the height adjustability with a button. Although we don't use it all that often, its really nice to have sometimes. It also makes moving the table around a one man operation done in seconds.

Side note: my friend has a CWT and he gets the same silvering on his table.

Brandon708

I absolutely love it. We use it a lot for mounting prints on hard substrates like durabond, foamcore, sintra, etc. Also do a lot of laminating on it. The process is very simple and it's a one man operation but it leaves some quality to be desired. It leaves some silvering on darker prints that will typically go away eventually but annoying to see. We've also found other simple uses for it. For example, we do a lot of print and cut decals. Once we start weeding a corner, we use the roller to hold the sheet so we can rip the rest of the matrix using two hands to make it quicker.

Another great feature is the height adjustability with a button. Although we don't use it all that often, its really nice to have sometimes. It also makes moving the table around a one man operation done in seconds.

Side note: my friend has a CWT and he gets the same silvering on his table.

Great to hear. Also thanks for the fast response! I am looking forward to getting this to make our work flow go faster and less reprints not that we have a lot of reprints now. We use the big squeegee which is an awesome tool but with coroplast it leaves air in the channels that needs to be worked out with a felt squeegee. The Roll-X would take that step out.
The silvering that comes with the lamination is mostly due to its a cold laminator. If it had heat assist then the silvering wouldn't be an issue. We have a heat assist roll to roll laminator so we don't plan on doing much laminating with it probably just on small signs so I don't have to unload the laminator.
Thanks again CL!

CL Visual

Great to hear. Also thanks for the fast response! I am looking forward to getting this to make our work flow go faster and less reprints not that we have a lot of reprints now. We use the big squeegee which is an awesome tool but with coroplast it leaves air in the channels that needs to be worked out with a felt squeegee. The Roll-X would take that step out.
The silvering that comes with the lamination is mostly due to its a cold laminator. If it had heat assist then the silvering wouldn't be an issue. We have a heat assist roll to roll laminator so we don't plan on doing much laminating with it probably just on small signs so I don't have to unload the laminator.
Thanks again CL!

Are you going to ISA? I got a really good deal on mine at SGIA. Bought mine from Tubelite. I'd be happy to hook you up with my contact for it.

Brandon708

Are you going to ISA? I got a really good deal on mine at SGIA. Bought mine from Tubelite. I'd be happy to hook you up with my contact for it.
I'm not able to attend. I really wanted to go though. I got a pretty good quote from NGlantz and also a quote from Mid west. I contacted Tubelite but they haven't contacted me yet. NGlantz is offering a $1000 show discount and also free shipping and install.