• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rotating Contour Cut Before Sending

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If it's HOLDING in PM, you can't. It's set to correspond with a printed file, with targets set to align with the print....why would you want to rotate it?

ArkansasSign

If it's HOLDING in PM, you can't. It's set to correspond with a printed file, with targets set to align with the print....why would you want to rotate it?

When we print stickers the roll has to be re-rolled to the opposite end for the contour to be orientated properly. Usually the laminator flips it, but in case of unlaminated prints is on the opposite end. I was able to do this with my old Summa and was just hoping.

eahicks

When you go to send your print and cut files to PM, under the Cutting tab there is a button you can click to ROTATE CUT JOB if you are having to do that a lot. Then it will be set so you can load and not have to rewind the whole thing.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 196

eahicks

Ok this may not work as I thought....I thought I had used it before for this issue, but just double checked it as a test, and it seems to have only rotated 90 degrees and not a full 180.... so now I'm not sure.

ArkansasSign

Ok this may not work as I thought....I thought I had used it before for this issue, but just double checked it as a test, and it seems to have only rotated 90 degrees and not a full 180.... so now I'm not sure.

It may just be a matter of rotating the re-outputting and sending the contour job only. But I haven't got to test yet. It'd really be nice to have this option under Job Properties though.

bannertime

Always nervous when I have to do that. I've done it successfully by sending the "Print Job Only" and then rotating the artwork and send the "Contour Job Only". That only works if you have everything setup and nested on the design file.