• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rotating in Onyx Cut-Server

unclebun

Our 54" plotter is malfunctioning, but it's going to be at least 3 weeks before the replacement comes. In the meantime, I was thinking about using the rotate function in Onyx v. 12 Cut-Server to be able to use our 30" Graphtec plotter while we wait. I can rotate the job, it shows me the feed direction so I can load the print in the plotter, but when it goes to read the registration marks it seems to trip up on wanting there to be intermediate marks along the feed direction, when the RIP has put them in the original feed direction. Has anyone ever used this rotate function and gotten it to work?

ikarasu

You can turn intermediate marks off under manage cutters... That'll solve the problem... It won't save what you've already printed if that's what you're trying to do.

We rotate all the time, but I've never tried with intermediate marks.

unclebun

I don't think it's having trouble because the intermediate marks are there. It has trouble because it reads the end mark and then keeps on going that direction looking for another, spitting the vinyl out the front of the plotter. Unless the cutfile contains information that there are no intermediate marks and not to look for them. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
upload_2021-4-2_11-20-24.png

In Onyx, go to File -> Manage Cutters, scroll down to Graphtec then click Configure for this screen.
Intermediate Mark Setting can be adjusted from there.

ikarasu

Another option if you can't get Onyx to work... Is to use cutting master. It's a bit more manual setup... But it'll help you get by if there's something that can't wait. With 4 corners on it rotates no problem.

There's a bunch of address labels or promotional items we have setup in cutting master in various sizes... Then when were doing a wrap or something with odd sized pieces and a lot of waste .. we just print them on the side and rotate it however they were nested when we cut.

I think if you turn off intermediate marks it'll be fine though. The fc9000 added horizontal intermediate marks... If I print a file with them and try to cut it my 8600 freaks out and doesn't work.

unclebun

OK, that works. Thanks so much. Interesting that when the intermediate marks are turned off it also doesn't print the little triangle that points which way the print goes through the plotter.