Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Royal Sovereign 1650H Help

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by lkt1954, Jun 13, 2012.

1. lkt1954

lkt1954 Member

May 16, 2010
    Dumas, TX
    Our RS 1650H just quit running, it ran fine all day, day help turned it off and now it wouldn't run. It will heat up, you can set the speed at ant level and when you close the rollers-nothing. I can turn both rollers by hand, the chain is intact. Any thoughts on how to get this thing running? I have 3 large graphics that have to go to a law enforcement department and they need laminated.

If anyone has any ideas on who to get this to run or is there anyone in Amarillo, TX that can laminate these if I bring them the decals and laminate tomorrow? In a real bind here.............help.

Thanks
    Larry

Tags:
  2. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I have one of those, and I was gonna say maybe your safety laser sensor is blocked... but I tried that on mine, and if I put my hand in front of it, it disables everything, it doesn't even let me adjust the speed/heat... so that probably means it's not a sensor issue...

Sorry no idea what it could be...

3. lkt1954

lkt1954 Member

May 16, 2010
    Dumas, TX
    Ok got it fixed. It seems there was a small bolt on the left side of the table that was holding down a lever on what I presume is a safety switch which must have went to a long gone paper guard........All is well again.

Thanks
    Larry

4. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    we open the covers and bridged the paper guard sensor. we had to in order to run acrylics thru it.