• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Sovereign Laminator - Model RSS-1050N

rcook99

Ok I found a RSS 1050N for sale. He is asking $2500. It is a 41" Hot shoe laminator and been sitting in storage for about 3 years. I run a Mutoh 1204 48" printer but print on primarily 30" material unless I have a larger sign. So I would use it for the 30" material as I have access to a 52" laminator if I need to laminate a larger print at a friends shop.

I would like to get thoughts on the laminator and also would like to know if that is a fair price and if so what to look for if I decide to buy it. Would the rubber on the rollers need to be replaced?

Thanks

rcook99

Ok I found a RSS 1050N for sale. He is asking $2500. It is a 41" Hot shoe laminator and been sitting in storage for about 3 years. I run a Mutoh 1204 48" printer but print on primarily 30" material unless I have a larger sign. So I would use it for the 30" material as I have access to a 52" laminator if I need to laminate a larger print at a friends shop.

I would like to get thoughts on the laminator and also would like to know if that is a fair price and if so what to look for if I decide to buy it. Would the rubber on the rollers need to be replaced?

Thanks

Bump!

rjssigns

For $2500 get a new US Tech with a warranty. Lots of folks here have them and seem to be real happy.

If you still insist on the RS:

Need to see if the rollers were left in the down position. If they were, over three years they probably have flat spots. If they didn't next thing check the rolls for cuts, chunks missing, glue tracks etc. If there are chunks missing it's junk.

Happyprinter

We purchased a Royal Sovereign about 8 months ago. So far, it has been a great machine. But any time you purchase a machine that has
sat in storage that long, double check everything.