• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Sovereign Laminator Problems

Sign Pro Salina

We have a 10 year old Royal Sovereign RSC 1400H laminator that has really been giving us issues " eating" prints lately. We've adjusted the pressure on the rollers multiple times. It seems to skew as longer runs go thru and then tends to crease or wrinkle the media running thru it. We have been in contact with the manufacturer who doesn't give much advice on getting it adjusted. We've tried the adjustments they recommend via their YouTube channel. We've called several of our suppliers and no one seems to service laminators. We are at the point of looking at buying a new one. However, I want to make sure we have exhausted all resources to adjust/repair it before we invest in a brand new one. Anyone know of any service techs who work on them in the Kansas area? Or any recommendations on adjustments we may have missed if you own the same model?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
There is a tool to adjust the laminator. The manufacturer sells it I believe. It's basically a pull-weight scale measuring tool with a piece of flat metal attached to it. You put the flat metal ( probably 2 inch wide and probably 1-2mill thin) in between the rollers. You lock the rollers and start laminating. Measure the pulling force. Measure left side, middle and right side. There should be 1 adjustable bolt each side of the laminator behind the grey plastic covers. you have to make sure the pulling force is even. besides that your rollers might be warped. 10 year is a pretty decent run time for a laminator. I think.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can use any pull-weight device (easily sourced from a fishing store or in my case, cheap "junk" store for $5).
Grab a piece of pop-up banner material (virtually any polypropylene) and cut a 2" wide by 15" long piece. Triple fold one end enough to put a grommet through and there you have it.
You just need to ensure consistency across the entire width of the rollers and this works perfectly.

N5RvjQE.jpg

AKwrapguy

We have a 10 year old Royal Sovereign RSC 1400H laminator that has really been giving us issues " eating" prints lately. We've adjusted the pressure on the rollers multiple times. It seems to skew as longer runs go thru and then tends to crease or wrinkle the media running thru it. We have been in contact with the manufacturer who doesn't give much advice on getting it adjusted. We've tried the adjustments they recommend via their YouTube channel. We've called several of our suppliers and no one seems to service laminators. We are at the point of looking at buying a new one. However, I want to make sure we have exhausted all resources to adjust/repair it before we invest in a brand new one. Anyone know of any service techs who work on them in the Kansas area? Or any recommendations on adjustments we may have missed if you own the same model?

Was it ever used on one side more than the other? While I know it might sound odd but it happens up here all the time, are the floor and unit level?
Do you have any images?