• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

royal sovereign laminator question

My laminator stopped rolling while laminating a half inch plexi glass. Looks like the back film on the other side of the plexi glass got stuck to the table and prevented it from rolling through. I removed it but the laminator wouldn't work still. Please any help would be great.

rjssigns

It may have blown a fuse. Or you may have accidentally hit an E-Stop button. Other options are the chain drive broke or one of the set screws on the gears slipped or broke off.

It may have blown a fuse. Or you may have accidentally hit an E-Stop button. Other options are the chain drive broke or one of the set screws on the gears slipped or broke off.

The chain drive and the set screws on the gears are fine. How do I test if the motor is working properly? Where can I buy a new one?

rjssigns

Probably have to deal with RS directly for parts(?) Are you sure its the motor? Hire an electrician and check the fuses and power feeds. Could be as simple as that. Might even be one of the micro switches that are behind the guards not making contact too. Lots of little things to check first.