• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

royal sovereign or drytac

Letterbox Mike

I have no experience with the DryTac unit but we had a RS for several years and I was very satisfied with it. It takes some fidgeting to get the pressure set right initially, but once you get it dialed in it's a good machine for the money for sure. I actually regret not getting another one honestly, it's very simple but it does what it's supposed to do.

Tim Aucoin

I've used a RS hot laminator (just a small 25" one), and it has been fine. I've not used a Drytac before.
Looking at the specs for both, and the construction, it looks like the Drytac is built more solid and higher quality (Royal Sovereign is 346 lbs vs. the Drytac at 627 lbs.). That says something right there.

I am also not a fan of the pressure lever on the Royal Sovereign. I am running a cold Seal 54EL that has the wheel crank for roller pressure (like the one found on the Drytac), and I really like the control that offers vs. moving a lever into a fixed slot/position.

Just my 2¢ worth! :smile:

a77

Thanks guys, sounds like I won't be really going wrong. That point about the pressure lever vs dial is good too.
Thanks