• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Sovereign RBW-1500 Banner Welder reviews?

CovertSigns

Hey guys, Just looking at buying a RS banner welder. The company I'm looking at buying from have only had them for 6 months, and have also only sold 3 units to date. So I'm looking for anyone who has had one a bit longer, and might be able to give some opinion on their quality and user friendliness?

Cheers.

LarryB

I bought one earlier this year and while it work it did a great job. I ended up sending it back because of all the issues. From what i understand they developed the product in the US but sourced the banner welder in China. The people in China used inferior products to make it which resulted in all of the issues.

They have since replaced the internal parts and replaced them with better parts. They sent me another one to test out for them and I have had it for a month now with no issues. I will give it another 3 months before I give it my blessing.

The thing I like about it the most is I have it on my regular work table so It does not need additional tables like the Miller.

CovertSigns

Thanks for the reply, bud.

I'll see if I can speak with the few other shops that have purchased the units before we commit.

bug

hi, im also looking into this machine, if you have any additional info please write,
i asked one reseller about durability and they said, that like any other machine can brake,....

Brandon708

I bought one earlier this year and while it work it did a great job. I ended up sending it back because of all the issues. From what i understand they developed the product in the US but sourced the banner welder in China. The people in China used inferior products to make it which resulted in all of the issues.

They have since replaced the internal parts and replaced them with better parts. They sent me another one to test out for them and I have had it for a month now with no issues. I will give it another 3 months before I give it my blessing.

The thing I like about it the most is I have it on my regular work table so It does not need additional tables like the Miller.
Any new updates

Christian @ 2CT Media

Are you getting solid welds? The samples Royal sovereign sent us was easily separated, even easier than the tape we use.

We are definitely interested in it we just were turned off by the quality of welds we received.

LarryB

Are you getting solid welds? The samples Royal sovereign sent us was easily separated, even easier than the tape we use.

We are definitely interested in it we just were turned off by the quality of welds we received.

The welds are good. Only time they come apart is if you are running it too fast. Only drawback is the width of the weld is about 3/4". Would be nice if it were a little wider. I'll upload some photos on Monday. I hear they are releasing an updated machine wI the next couple weeks. Pretty sure it is going to happen with the sign show coming up.

Brandon708

The welds are good. Only time they come apart is if you are running it too fast. Only drawback is the width of the weld is about 3/4". Would be nice if it were a little wider. I'll upload some photos on Monday. I hear they are releasing an updated machine wI the next couple weeks. Pretty sure it is going to happen with the sign show coming up.

Got that photo? I'm curious if the new model will have at least a 1" weld. Where did you hear about them coming out with a new one.

LarryB

Got that photo? I'm curious if the new model will have at least a 1" weld. Where did you hear about them coming out with a new one.

Here you go. Machine is still working flawlessly.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9317.jpg
    IMG_9317.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,173
  • IMG_9318.jpg
    IMG_9318.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,198

Brandon708

Thanks for the photos.
I'd have to agree about poor welds. The bottom of the black banner doesn't even look welded. Are you really happy with it?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
We sell the unit and have one in our demo room. The strength of the weld can be adjusted by using more heat or slowing it down. As for getting the weld right to the edge it can be done if you adjust the guides correctly. We have sold several units and everyone has been happy with it so far.

greysquirrel

I hear a newer version is coming out with an additional heater...not sure when...
current version can weld two banners together but they won't hold up for a long period of time...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I hear a newer version is coming out with an additional heater...not sure when...
current version can weld two banners together but they won't hold up for a long period of time...

That was gonna be my question..... can you weld two separate banners together to get like an 8' x 20' ?? And how strong would that be ??

Christian @ 2CT Media

From what I was told ita a pillow hem style vs a straight overlap for the welding two pieces together. Which means it's ink to ink or you have to leave a white gap.

Brandon708

I talked to someone over at RS headquarters. He said they are not coming out with a new machine. They just put new electronics in and a wider heating element or roller. He is going to send me some samples. It's either this or a Juki sewing machine. I got to decide soon.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
We have a demo unit on the floor during our open house this Thursday and Friday. Anyone interested in seeing it in person is welcome to stop by. We are also offering a special discount on the demo unit.