• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Soveriegn 140

JohnBFryJr

Totally new to laminating. Bought a new RSC140. I was trying to apply some taped vinyl today. I've never used this thing before. It didn't come with much as far as directions. So I started to run this vinyl and alumacore through the laminator and it just stopped about 4" in. It will go in rev but it will not advance any more. Did I break it already?

JohnBFryJr

I already hate laminating. I am laminating printed Grimco Briteline with Briteline laminate. I've fed the sheets in manually and I've put the vinyl on the front roller. Every time I get a foot of vinyl through it begins to wrinkle and pull the vinyl toward the center. After it is done the vinyl has been tweeked so much I can't run it through the summa because its a different size.

Thanks

JohnBFryJr

Ok I think I got this going. Here is what I did for anyone buying a laminator with no real instructions.

The bar should not spin freely in the cardboard roll. If it does. Each bar has a beer can with a large rubber band. Loosen screws and pull a little of the rubber out.

Spread beer cans out toward each edge of cardboard roll.

Web laminator like schematic

Loosen tensioners.

On my royal sovereign there is a handle on the right side. To set top roller pressure drop the roller and go up to the next notch.

While practicing on unprinted vinyl start to laminate and slowly add or subtract tension until laminate and vinyl don't have any more waves. The previously attached pdf has a nice tension troubleshooting guide.

If any of this is wrong its not my fault. Your mileage may vary.

dypinc

Sounds like your getting it. A little practice especially with even tensioned starting and you will have it down.