• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant RRRRRRRRRR...New sign request with attachment

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Got a sign request for a 36in x 24in real estate coro. Even supplied the file. TOO BAD IT'S A FLATTENED TIFF THAT'S 24 x 32 AND 600DP = 1.28GBI!!! wth you freakin idiot. "Oh and can you add these elements too."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not either e-mail him or call him and tell him, somewhere he made a mistake. Either he wants a 24 x 36.... or a 24 x 32. His file and verbal communications are outta sync. As for adding things, explain to him it's not as easily done as requested. It's easier for the individual creating the file, then someone doing it later..... to a raster file.

Now, for a $100 sign, stop wasting time and just ask the guy and get it over with and move on.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Wow, did you really think I am not capable of "moving on". Of course there'll be an art fee. I was just trying to point out how frustrating it is to get requests like this.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, did you really think I am not capable of "moving on". Of course there'll be an art fee. I was just trying to point out how frustrating it is to get requests like this.

:big laugh:...... with all your rrrrrrrrr's and upper case stuff, you sounded very upset about one itty-bitty sign. This is like everyday occurrences at most shops, I think. We are always going back and forth with people about this kinda junk. I think I can name 3 or 4 that happened already this week, besides the other stuff going on for us.

Go home, have a drink [or two or three] and try again tomorrow.................. :beer

2B

maybe they want the graphics to be 32" and then the overall size to be 36"?

and yes I know that is UN-likely the case

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yes, I'm having a bad day. Having to pick the slack.
If we don't point these things out to any newbies they will keep on designing crap that I have to fix. Then the next time they'll expect it sooner and sooner and then....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Before you blow a gasket, go do something fun. Just change directions. Cripes, it's going on 5 anyway in an hour. Happy Hour starts at 4, but 2 on the weekends.

bannertime

1.28gb isn't that bad now days, but about 10 years ago we had that same thing happen. It was uploaded to our site, took forever to download. We couldn't even open it. Took it by CD to another company that was able to open it. It was a blue background 18inx24in with a yellow arrow and yellow text saying PARKING. That was it. The customers wouldn't even be bothered with telling us what it was. I'm not even sure they knew. We could have set that up in like 5 seconds.

They sent us two files. Front and back. Which just so happened to be the exact same thing, but with the arrow flipped. The arrow wasn't even solid. It had a gap between the point and the body of the arrow.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I remember getting 1gb files 20 years ago.... talk about a nightmare...

This reminds me of your earlier rant about designers. I personally want bidding sign shops, designers, architects, clients and project managers to be as dumb as dirt so I can get paid more and do what I am good at. .

I have a job because sign shops and designers lack skill....

When a projects is really bad or gets me worked up, I buy something I have no business purchasing, it takes the sting out of doing the work

Last edited:

Johnny Best

.When a projects is really bad or gets me worked up, I buy something I have no business purchasing, it takes the sting out of doing the work[/QUOTE]

Great advice, going to purchase a prostitute next time a project gets me worked up, that should take the sting out.

Oroscoe

We get it all the time. Everybody that has paintshop or powerpoint thinks they are a designer after doing a couple of simple things. It just doesn't work that way.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmmmmm.......................

Who's that second guy in from the end ?? Did he take his glasses off to go incognito ??

monkey man.jpg

Active Sign

Sign Guy
Did the phone call go like this:
"I was gonna have you guys design it but my nephew is a dope head, I mean self taught "graphics designer". I gave him the specs and he did an amazing job."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk