• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RS 640 not available to select in Flexi 8.6

KapAg

Hey guys. I just started a job and they are using Flexi 8.6v1 to do contour cutting with their Roland RS-640. The flexi was corrupt or something and won't work correctly so I tried to reinstall it which fixed the problem. Only now it doesn't have the printer and I can't install it because when I do an Add setup in the production manager that model of printers isnt available. does anyone here know how to install this printer into flexi if it isn't on the list? Thanks for the help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have two ideas:

1. When you re-installed you may have used the original disc which was Flexi 8.0. Before you worked there they may have upgraded to 8.6v1 which would have been a download. 8.0 may not have had the drivers for your machine but 8.6 did. I'm not saying this is absolutely the case, just speculating.

2. You selected color printer instead of hybrid printer in the "add setup window" and that is why the model didn't show up.

KapAg

I have two ideas:

1. When you re-installed you may have used the original disc which was Flexi 8.0. Before you worked there they may have upgraded to 8.6v1 which would have been a download. 8.0 may not have had the drivers for your machine but 8.6 did. I'm not saying this is absolutely the case, just speculating.

2. You selected color printer instead of hybrid printer in the "add setup window" and that is why the model didn't show up.

Thanks for the reply. :D

Well I just did an 8.6 refresh. (as in I just reinstalled the 8.6. I didn't do a complete uninstall then start from 8) I do have the disk for 8 as well as 8.6. It doesn't have the drivers on it for the roland. Also I checked out the printer models inside hybrid and also color printer and couldn't find it in either. There are several different Roland models to chose from. Just none of them are RS or 640.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Might need the 8.6v1 and finally 8.6v2 updates. I just checked our 8.6v2 install and it does not have that as a Hybrid but it does list the RS 640 as a printer but nothing about a cutter or hybrid. Got me wondering - looked at the Roland site, the RS 640 is not a cutter. Are you sure you have the right model #?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Might need the 8.6v1 and finally 8.6v2 updates. I just checked our 8.6v2 install and it does not have that as a Hybrid but it does list the RS 640 as a printer but nothing about a cutter or hybrid. Got me wondering - looked at the Roland site, the RS 640 is not a cutter. Are you sure you have the right model #?

Good catch.

Are you sure they your employers weren't printing from Versaworks and cutting to another plotter via Flexi?

KapAg

They have normally been printing jobs on Versa. However only when a job requires Contour cutting are they using Flexi. I still can't get it to print and look good. It looks aweful and I'm trying the RS-540 profile.

I think I tried to install the flexi 8.6v2 updates and it crashed my HD...twice. Not sure what that was about.

Again, I'm using flexi to print CC files only. I print them on the Roland and then we have a Graphtec plotter that cuts the files from the Flexi production manager. The files print, they cut but the profile is bad. As in there isn't one for this Roland I can find for Flexi. It's driving me crazy. Makes me miss Onyx at the old shop.