• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RSC-1650C Laminating problems

I have a 14ft reflective print that needs to be laminated and I just wrinkled my 4th print. It typically wrinkles on the left and right sides but this time the wrinkles were left right and center. They typically begin to wrinkle around 8-9 feet of material or so. I've never been properly trained on this machine. What are some solutions I might try?

Joe House

If the wrinkles are even left and right, then the roller pressure is set accurately. That leaves pressure and tension to adjust. Usually inexperienced people try to use too much of both. Back off of the tension and try using the second notch for laminating your print.

Laminating is part art and part science. It does take some getting used to.

If the wrinkles are even left and right, then the roller pressure is set accurately. That leaves pressure and tension to adjust. Usually inexperienced people try to use too much of both. Back off of the tension and try using the second notch for laminating your print.

Laminating is part art and part science. It does take some getting used to.

Thank you, I will try this with the next run I have. The wrinkles seem to occur more on the left than on the right. I only see 2 tention knobs and the roller adjustment. I'm not finding any useful adjustment instructions in online user manuals.