• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help rTape - Brushed aluminum profile - SG-300

ShortBaldBrad

Hello all -
I am printing on an eco-solvent (SG-300) and I am about to print some rTape Vinyl Efx brushed aluminum material. Customer wants a metalic look... so I am testing out some prints. I tried to find the profile for it on the Roland Website and it was not on their profiles list. I also reached out to rTape (or Nekoosa, whatever they are going by) and didn't get much help. I can try calling both of them later on... but for now - does anyone have any suggestions on a good profile to use as a stand in?
I'd bet this is dicey, as we are printing colors on a non-uniform substrate, so color accuracy may not be 100% on every pixel... I just need a repeatable, and somewhat accurate stand in for now. (I can pester the machine and material supplier later on). Any help would be beyond appreciated!

ShortBaldBrad

Just the material cost I guess... I tried a generic profile, and it worked OK.
I guess I am wondering what profile people typically use when they don't have the profile...
I'm new to managing a print cue myself (Used to be in sales) so I am wondering how much a profile can impact results...
thanks though! Much appreciated!

Joe House

You're probably going to have to do what Z signs says. I doubt there's going to be a profile for it. The profile is dependent on a white point, which I'm sure the metallic doesn't provide. If the generic one you used is satisfactory, just stick with that. Otherwise, test, test, test...

Good Luck

I tried making a profile out of a similar material, which some pretty interesting results. My robot didn't register yellow, so it just decided to not have yellow within that profile. I just use a higher resolution profile for one of my generic substrates. Unless you're using white ink the color will be slightly off, it has a cool effect though.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Just try something like Generic Vinyl - High Quality 720x1440dpi and see what it looks like. Anything with high resolution/pass count should do the trick as a starting point.