• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rtr Grand Format Uv Printer

Hello All -

Looking for another 126" true roll to roll UV printer, but don't want to spend $200,000.00+ for it, what are my options? I've found the Mimaki UJV55-320 printer looks decent, but don't know much about it. My main applications would be:

Scrim/Mesh Banner - I'd love to find a printer I could set and forget like my 64" solvent printers that I run over night
Wallpaper - where feed is a huge concern, making sure panels line up
Canvas - looking for a flexible ink I can wrap and not have crack

I already have two flatbeds and a hybrid so just looking for a good roll to roll option.

VISCOM

Hello All -

Looking for another 126" true roll to roll UV printer, but don't want to spend $200,000.00+ for it, what are my options? I've found the Mimaki UJV55-320 printer looks decent, but don't know much about it. My main applications would be:

Scrim/Mesh Banner - I'd love to find a printer I could set and forget like my 64" solvent printers that I run over night
Wallpaper - where feed is a huge concern, making sure panels line up
Canvas - looking for a flexible ink I can wrap and not have crack

I already have two flatbeds and a hybrid so just looking for a good roll to roll option.

CET Color just came out with a UV Rtr printer $80,000.00

Hi 206XL -

Funny you should suggest that, we have a CET Q1000H and it's a great machine, but the issues we have with it (feed not being accurate enough to line up panels for wall murals, media buckling on larger 126" rolls) have motivated us to look for a true roll to roll (similar to our push wheel Epson style roll to roll printers).... Maybe the new CET RTR has a better way to fix the issues we are having...

Montrealer

Senior Operator
Im a senior operator, ive been working on many roll to roll printers overs the years and there is one contradiction in your post : You could not have a true roll to roll printer at the price you are looking for. A cheaper printer will make you pay one way or the other, My english is bad so i cannot go deep in what im thinking but what i can tell you, the best roll to roll printer i ever operated its the UviStar 2 (197 Inch) UV, you can print a 197 inch roll on 2 side without been force to cut (deviation of the media) with 0.25 inch bleed , its a wonderful machine, not much weakness...There no waste of time or media with that.

Good luck