• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rubber edging

MHester

I'm making aluminum signs (decal on aluminum blanks) with round corners. I'd like to get an edge on them to finish it off. Can anyone recommend a good option for a rubber edging that I can wrap around the edge of the sign and give it a finished look? Signs are used in the carwash biz and need to stand up against the water and soap in cold and hot environments. Thanks in advance.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Maybe buy that edge trim that you can put on your car doors to stop door dings....comes in black, white and clear.

MikePro

+1 automotive seal edge trim might be way to go if you're looking to wrap a corner. else most "sign edge cap" is more rigid and meant to frame-in your sign.

another thought would be plastic tubing from your local hardware store. run through tablesaw to cut a line through a side of the tube, but not all the way through, fill tube with silicone/caulk and wrap your sign panel. prepaint, if desired. hide seams with mounting/hanging hardware.

MHester

+1 automotive seal edge trim might be way to go if you're looking to wrap a corner. else most "sign edge cap" is more rigid and meant to frame-in your sign.

another thought would be plastic tubing from your local hardware store. run through tablesaw to cut a line through a side of the tube, but not all the way through, fill tube with silicone/caulk and wrap your sign panel. prepaint, if desired. hide seams with mounting/hanging hardware.

Interesting....I don't want to spend that much time on it, but it's an interesting idea. I'm looking for a simple solution that can snap on there, and trim off the edge.

MikePro

ah, I thought you wanted to wrap the edge of a sign panel with rounded corners with it, like a round frame.

"sign edge cap" would be what you want to search for, if 1/4"-3/4" thick panel. your typical sign materials supplier should have options for you.
otherwise, if only 1/8", then automotive rubber trim is your best bet.