• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ruler with cutting blade

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Keencut Javelin? Not really a ruler though but we have one and love it. You could always stick a ruler to it I guess.

Replicator

For the price they want for those Keencuts . . . I'll stick to the old X-acto and a straight edge :LOL:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
For the price they want for those Keencuts . . . I'll stick to the old X-acto and a straight edge :LOL:

One would think that because of their expense, that the Keencuts are not worth it.

But they can rip through coroplast and other substrates 5-10 times as fast as mucking about with a ruler and knife.

The Keencuts have a non-slip bottom so they simply will not move (like a ruler will) once they're positioned.

I have a 104" Keencut and use it on a 5' x 10' cutting mat/table and can get some serious cutting done with that.

If I recall, it was over a grand, but in the past five years, it has way more than paid for itself in time saved.

Jack Knight1979

I too have an imageedge. I like it. It's awesome for cutting coro and foamcore.

Also great for cutting large stickers jobs in a flash. For banners I stick with the Fotoba.

SignProPlus-Chip

Check the hardware section of your local Lowes. Look where they have the big rulers and levels. They carry a straight edge there that has a guide rail for a utility knife blade.

boxerbay

keencut 104" woot!

try cutting 100 36x60x1/2 gator board signs by hand using a ruler and blade.

even with the keen cut i was getting blisters on my palms i can't imagine doing it freehand. none of the cuts will be straight and clean if you do them freehand. maybe straight but not vertically 90' straight.

Gene@mpls

I too have an imageedge. I like it. It's awesome for cutting coro and foamcore.

Also great for cutting large stickers jobs in a flash. For banners I stick with the Fotoba.

How do the sections lock together- that would be my concern- keeping them
straight. If you lift the 10 ft (4 sections) in the middle, is it sturdy enough to
stand up to a lot of repetitions? Thanks Gene

k_graham

How do the sections lock together- that would be my concern- keeping them
straight. If you lift the 10 ft (4 sections) in the middle, is it sturdy enough to
stand up to a lot of repetitions? Thanks Gene

The imageedge has updated to 52"sections in 2016 so only2 sections to cut an 8 foot item. The do have a plastic stiffener insert in the unused track if desired.

Posterboy

I use one similar to the image edge, different brand though.
It a nice augmentation of the ruller, I use a knife most of the time, but the blade is great for cutting anything that requires extra force or multiple passes.