• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S2 Class Tangential Cutter

Ditchmiester

Has anyone upgraded from the original S Series Tangential cutter? Is the upgrade worth it. I'm looking to either find a used S Class or looking at the new S2? Is the performance difference worth not going with the older model. I under stand the differences of used vs. new but was wondering how different the new machine is?

Thanks,

Andrew

FrankW

There is no additional performance in cutting ... but a lot of details which makes life easier in a lot of cases with the S2.

First of all, the display is much better than the old one, more contrast and brillance. And the new menu structure have less sub menus, so it's easier to use. In addition, instead of browsing values through arrow keys, some functions have a numeric keypad now. Nice to have depending on the situation is the possibility to plot files offline directly from a connected USB-Stick. And for what I have waited several years is the LAN-Connector, that's really worth it.

No one who uses a S-Class have to upgrade immediately, but if it is the question S or S2 I would prefer S2.

Ditchmiester

Thanks for the information. I'm leaning towards a new S2 also. I've noticed that these cutters hold their value really well and if it is a difference of just a couple thousand from a used to a new one, I will definitely be picking the new one. I love having a warranty on equipment.