• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S2T160 G performance

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So I recently activated the g performance on our new summa, went online, registered, got the code to input into the summa, done it and it says it activated.

But I also got a g performance PLT file, anyone know what that’s for? Just worried I’m missing something.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
When I go to the actual summa machine and open up the G-performance menu, it says it’s already been activated. Good to go?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Just seemed odd that there wasn’t an explanation for the file I didn’t need lol. I guess it’s essentially a firmware update? Seems odd that it doesn’t just naturally come with that enabled?

Signed Out

So are there any trade offs or dwonside to activating G-Mode? We got an s2T160 2 months ago and haven't activated it yet. Like do you get less accuracy because it reads faster?

I guess I just don't see why it wouldn't be set in G mode by default unless there is some sort of trade off?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
With it activated;

there’s an option for selecting mark registration in the summa cutter control. You can either choose high quality or high speed.

Same with cut speed, there’s “high quality” or “high speed”. Haven’t really played around with it yet, though.

Signed Out

There are no downsides that we have found other than increases motor throughput which MAY shorten servo life.

So does G Mode make everything actually go faster or does it decrease time by traveling less distance? Or maybe some combo of both? If it actually travels faster, then yea I would think it would add ware? We don't run the plotter at max speed anyway..

Christian @ 2CT Media

So does G Mode make everything actually go faster or does it decrease time by traveling less distance? Or maybe some combo of both? If it actually travels faster, then yea I would think it would add ware? We don't run the plotter at max speed anyway..
It increases the scan speed, and on the cutting, it also increases the acceleration of the motors from what we have found.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
EA50AC00-27CC-463F-A2C5-C86290E04A22.jpeg

So does it make everything faster right away, or does it just take the info from cutter control?