• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion S40600 or HP115 for stickers?

Purehobby

Which would you go with for mainly decals but would like to print posters here and there as well. Wont be used but twice a week as well?

Last edited:

rjssigns

Depends on the quality your clients demand. I would send out files to both vendors then make a decision.

My current printer with DX7 head can print crisp text at 0.060".

Purehobby

What about for printing canvas and doing stickers? Would either of them be better? Downfall im having with the HP115 is its 220v only which I do not currently have in that area but its doable if thats what I need to do.

ikarasu

Are you going to be laminating? I have both latex and The Epson. For just doing stickers, I love the Epson an end up using it a lot more than my latex. It does, however, have its downfalls.

Latex has way better scratch ability. I do all the banners and canvases and anything that does not get laminated on the latex.

But even though my 560 is 4 times faster than the S40 I have I end up doing all of my decals on the S40 anyways....the prints nicer, the cut is more accurate, and there's less waste everytime you load it.

Purehobby

Is the S40600 capable of doing decent canvas prints? Or would that be latex everyone is using on those? I have never done canvas but like the idea of being able to do them as well.

I am not opposed to laminating. Thats not an issue

Last edited:

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
S40600 is more than capable of canvas printing. We print them with out S80600 a few days a week. Results are spectacular every time. The additional orange/red inks aren't really needed for canvases so not having them on the S40600 won't be a detriment.

Purehobby

In looking at the s40600 and cutter bundle
is that cutter decent? Im not seeing much detail on it but does it work like the HP where it does a barcode in printing and then reads it on the cutter as well?

Last edited:

Purehobby

So in doing more homework and not overdoing my needs I am looking at the VJ24 and Muse 24 cutter from signwarehouse. It fits where I need it, runs on 110 and does small jobs. Any thoughts on those machines?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So in doing more homework and not overdoing my needs I am looking at the VJ24 and Muse 24 cutter from signwarehouse. It fits where I need it, runs on 110 and does small jobs. Any thoughts on those machines?

The VJ24 has a DX7 print head and is actually a Mutoh VJ628 re-branded. It's one head generation behind the S40600 but still will print high quality stickers. Also, see if you can just find a Mutoh dealer near you. Signwarehouse is not exactly known for their stellar support. Usually a Mutoh dealer will help you with issues for free if you buy your inks from them.

Purehobby

Are you sure about Mutoh service? I am yet to hear back from them on a dealer near me but have already been back and forth with Signwarehouse and quoted.

Last edited:

Saturn

Aging Member
I run dozens of 24" rolls through my VJ628 every month and I have to say, I wish I had bought the S40600 just on the basis of it being able to do 30" inch and larger rolls alone.

Great little machine otherwise.

Will be buying an S80600 in the near future.

Purehobby

Are you sure about Mutoh service? I am yet to hear back from them on a dealer near me but have already been back and forth with Signwarehouse and quoted.
I run dozens of 24" rolls through my VJ628 every month and I have to say, I wish I had bought the S40600 just on the basis of it being able to do 30" inch and larger rolls alone.

Great little machine otherwise.

Will be buying an S80600 in the near future.
Great to hear. What brand and model vinyl do you use for printing die cut stickers?

ikarasu

One thing to consider is roll size. Most material comes in 54 inch 30 in or 60 in. I don't think I've ever seen a 24-in roll of printable vinyl. So you're looking to get everything cut down, some vendors charge up to $10 per roll for that. You're also going to have a bunch of wasted material since 24 doesn't go into anything evenly.

For my printing cut sticker needs I stick to 30 in for everything even though I can handle 54. so going with a 30 isn't necessarily bad if all you want to do is stickers but I wouldn't touch a 24-in printer even if I got it for a quarter of the price of a 54 or a 30 in.

Purehobby

One thing to consider is roll size. Most material comes in 54 inch 30 in or 60 in. I don't think I've ever seen a 24-in roll of printable vinyl. So you're looking to get everything cut down, some vendors charge up to $10 per roll for that. You're also going to have a bunch of wasted material since 24 doesn't go into anything evenly.

For my printing cut sticker needs I stick to 30 in for everything even though I can handle 54. so going with a 30 isn't necessarily bad if all you want to do is stickers but I wouldn't touch a 24-in printer even if I got it for a quarter of the price of a 54 or a 30 in.

Seems signwarehouse has 24" to support there machines. Not promoting them but I see it on their site. Who makes and what is model of a decent 30" I wasnt finding anything. I seem to find 24" then up to 54" or I think 1 30" I did find and it was almost as much as the 54" if I remember right.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide

I don't want to bash them too hard but if you read the warranty info for their machine, it's parts only and you can talk to someone over the phone. After a year they won't talk to you unless you pay up again. A Mutoh dealer who sells the machine without rebranding it is required by dealer agreement to service the machine for 2 years in person or hire someone who can. Then dealers like us go the extra mile and have a policy that we will talk to you for free and put you at the front of the service call list as long as you buy your ink from us. It's the difference between buying from Amazon and a local ma and pa.