• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

s60600 Epson Provided Profiles

Quark

Merchant Member
Hi all, we just got our new Epson s60600 up and running and finding that Epson Dashboard provided profiles are less than color accurate. Epson offers lots of profiles in the dashboard, had anyone found from the full offering the ones that are more color accurate? The Epsons IJ180 profiles are just horrible. Thanks

mdjamesd

Yeah, Tell me about it!. I started with the 3M IJ40 profile, and adjusted from there. Are you using Onyx? If so, I can send you my builds to use as a starting point. I'm still waiting for my boss to buy an x-rite. One day.....I hope

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is impossible for a 3rd party to create a profile that will be color accurate for your machine, in your environment. The only way is to make your own or just try every single one you can find and hope to find one that is close. Boxed profiles simply exist so that you can print out of the box but are not meant to be used for perfect color correction.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
It is impossible for a 3rd party to create a profile that will be color accurate for your machine, in your environment. The only way is to make your own or just try every single one you can find and hope to find one that is close. Boxed profiles simply exist so that you can print out of the box but are not meant to be used for perfect color correction.

My experience tells me otherwise.

Please explain why the results from reading ICC swatches by an expert at a remote location using expert instruments would be inferior to those from the machine location.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My experience tells me otherwise.

Please explain why the results from reading ICC swatches by an expert at a remote location using expert instruments would be inferior to those from the machine location.

I'm not an expert on color like you are but in my experience I have had two Mutoh ValueJets who's serial numbers were one apart and they were installed in the exact same room on the same day using the same inks. When they printed the first job using the same profile, there were slight differences and the quality was kind of grainy. After spending a weekend with a professional color profiler they made a few profiles and now they print consistently between printers. Now a lot of people are using 3rd party inks or Chinese vinyl that doesn't have any boxed profiles and the problems multiply.

Another example would be that we sold a printer to someone in Washington. We shipped it from here in Denver. When I installed the printer for them I used the exact same profile I used to demo the machine in Denver and it laid way too much ink down. I had to find a completely different one to work properly.

So while I trust and respect your experience, you are always teaching me new things about color on this forum, my experience as an installer has been different. Do you not profile on site? Do you have customers send you printed files that you profile at your shop?