• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help S70675 Head Surround?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We had some humidity in our print room from all of the rain recently causing material buckling. Apparently it caused the material to buckle bad enough that it lifted the edge and caused the head to crash into the material guide. This in turn bent the "head surround" metal piece; no idea what it is actually called.

So, that little thin metal piece is bent, which causes two issues: #1 - it scratches the vinyl as it goes across the print area. #2 - it causes the print head to not seat correctly on the cap, causing a loss of nozzles.

We called CompassMicro and they said they don't sell that piece; that we have to buy the whole head....
Has anyone ever replaced this part their self? or know of a bad head we can buy to get the part?

Urgent help needed!

Attachments

• 0322171440.jpg
    0322171440.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 195

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have replaced that part on a DX5 head which is similar. Unfortunately there is no replacement available other than taking it off another head or replacing the whole head. On the DX5 head it comes off when you remove the manifold but on your head I believe it will be more difficult/impossible. I would figure out if it is removable without damaging the head before looking to replace it. If you can replace it, see if someone has an old head that failed and see if they will give it to you or sell it for cheap

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have replaced that part on a DX5 head which is similar. Unfortunately there is no replacement available other than taking it off another head or replacing the whole head. On the DX5 head it comes off when you remove the manifold but on your head I believe it will be more difficult/impossible. I would figure out if it is removable without damaging the head before looking to replace it. If you can replace it, see if someone has an old head that failed and see if they will give it to you or sell it for cheap
Thanks! We went ahead and just pushed it back up kinda into place for now and everything is seating/printing correctly. I guess I will keep an eye open for a blown head.