• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help S70675 Issue -

Cliff Grinnell

Epson S70675 10 color - Print head test is perfect (new heads and dampners). When we print a 50 % magenta and 50% cyan solid block we see magenta clouds where the cyan is not laying down even. The printer is still under warranty. Epson is claiming this is a color issue and refuses to service.
We run Caldera and have relinearized and profiled. We then installed the ONYX rip that came with the machine and ran the test with the profiles. Same result on both rips (magenta clouds). We also have run in single head mode, same result (magenta clouds)
I believe it is a machine problem - any thoughts?

Joe House

Sounds more like static problem to me. Cyan pigment is probably the most susceptible color in my opinion.
There are a lot of factors that can play into static buildup - humidity in the shop, material you are printing on, print speed, machine grounding, surface the printer is sitting on.
Are you getting shocked when you touch your printer or laminator? Are you running air conditioning? Is the printer on carpet our concrete? Do you monitor the relative humidity in your print room? Have you tried this on a different media?
There are some here that will say claiming static is a cop out, but if the nozzle test is good and the calibrations are good, then I would certainly check out static as a cause. Printer issues usually show up add linear in nature, not cloudy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk