• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 white lines

lillhannus

Hi all,
Sometimes when I print a 4-color black I get these white lines. Today I had the chance to see when it actually happened. The print was perfect at first but then all of a sudden the carriage started to halt shortly after each pass and the white lines appeared.

Anyone have the same issue?

It happens on different materials and profiles I should say.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Could we get a photo of the print?
We've been running one of these machines for four months, but haven't seen anything like this yet.

lillhannus

Could we get a photo of the print?
We've been running one of these machines for four months, but haven't seen anything like this yet.
IMG_0291.JPG

ProColorGraphics

That kindof looks like what mine did, only with cyan. My cure ended up being changing the ink cartridge. After doing that and several cleanings, it was fixed.

danno

Ours started doing something similar, then the black went away completely. The technician came onsite and couldn't find anything wrong. Black came back as he was running diagnostics. We figured there was an air pocket(s) in the system that caused the malfunction.

lillhannus

I dunno if this is ink related but I don't believe so. My technician said that this only happens on 6-pass mode and I can verify that. As I said the CR suddenly begins to halt after each pass and then the white lines appear. The technician reported this to Epson and I will get back to you when he gets an answer.

lillhannus

I got an answer this morning from Epson and they recommended that I should clean the encoder strip and lubricate the steel rods. I think that answer was very unsatisfying so I´m going to take this a bit further.
This has been an issue since the printer was new and as I mentioned it only happens when I print black on 6-pass so I highly doubt that it has something to do with dirt and bad lubrication.