• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sabre 408 NOT cutting perfect circles,ovals, etc...

markh789

I have a Sabre 408 and it does not cut clean circles or ovals, as it is cutting a circle or oval it cuts a small flat spot at the tops and bottoms of the object.

We believe the Y axis motor is having trouble but do not know how to test it to see for sure. Is there a troubleshoot we could perform? Any advice is appreciated.

johnnysigns

I would also check your lead screws. If something's not lubricated well and/or the coating on the leads screws is no longer black and it's showing silver/raw metal you're going to have a problem.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't see that brand very often but a common reason that happens is if the offset value it incorrect. Your blade should have an offset value on the packaging and that is what it should be set to in the cutter.

Edit: Woops it's a CNC machine. Still valid if you are using a drag knife.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I don't see that brand very often but a common reason that happens is if the offset value it incorrect. Your blade should have an offset value on the packaging and that is what it should be set to in the cutter.

Edit: Woops it's a CNC machine. Still valid if you are using a drag knife.
Oh, if only it were that simple with CNC!

Does this table have a vacuum hold-down? That's always my first suspect- poor quality because the material is moving due to not being stationary on the table.
After that, start simple and check the lubrication as johnnysigns mentioned. If that's not it, move on to checking motors, etc. If voltages aren't where they're supposed to be, you can end up with chatter.
Good luck.