• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sailor's Retreat hand carved sign.

signmeup

Just finished this one up. (took a while for the customer's deposit to show up)
The panel is HDU about 18" x 30". The boat is HDU. The wave under the boat is Magic Sculpt. Letters were carved with a box cutter and gilded.

Love it? Hate it? Questions?

Attachments

• SailorsRetreat.jpg
    SailorsRetreat.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 103

Marlene

love it! that came out really great. I remember the layout thread for this sign. you do some really nice work!

sar bossier

I remember the postings for the layout of this sign as well ... It really turned out beautifully - I love the way the sailboat turned out!

SignManiac

Beautiful Adrian! I think the simplicity is what I like most about it along with the depth you got with your layers!!!

Oh and nice little touch with the waves overlapping the border too!

mrchips

Love it!

Like the choice of a sans serif font to go with the stylized sail boat.

Waitin to see some lettering carved with your new "V" carving tool?

Very nice!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

signmeup

Love it!

Like the choice of a sans serif font to go with the stylized sail boat.

Waitin to see some lettering carved with your new "V" carving tool?

Very nice!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Thanks Joe.

I have done some lettering with with Bendy Wendy. It turns out that a big, bent V tool is 3 tools in one! I get a V gouge and a right and left flat bent chisel. I can hog out and carve letters without having to put the chisel down and look for another one. It's very fast for lettering with lots of curves. My shop rate's the same but I make more money per hour!

SD&F

That is a beautiful and simplistic sign. It is hard to tell if you are not in this business to actually know the work put into this. We love this kind of work.

TwoNine

Love it, love it! I've been wanting to try Magic Sculpt. Is it easy to work with? What is the consistency like when it's dry? Like HDU? Pine? etc... I think you've done a great job here....Inspiring!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Splendid in every sense of the word on all counts from design, to execution to final product.

Now..... even more splendidness thrown your way........... :thumb:

signmeup

Love it, love it! I've been wanting to try Magic Sculpt. Is it easy to work with? What is the consistency like when it's dry? Like HDU? Pine? etc... I think you've done a great job here....Inspiring!
Thanks 29. Magic Sculpt is hard as a brick when it cures. It is a very firm putty when it's in it's mold-able state too.