• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SailRite sewing machines?

GP

True - I liked the compact nature of this machine - Seems industrial double stitch machines will require a little more floor space, which is a premium these days.

You're right though. I should keep looking.

d fleming

Not bad for the money. Look on ebay for a juki, you can find them there from time to time at reasonable prices for used.

WildWestDesigns

That is a single needle machine. For banners you may wish to have a double stitch.

You always have the twin needle for single needle machines.

Attachments

• Twin Needle.png
    Twin Needle.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 209

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We have the LS here.
Works well for us, we do just a few dozen banners a month, mostly 13oz.
It seems to punch through just about anything we can get under the foot.
Comes with a nice printed user's guide/maintenance/repair manual & DVD.
We have not had any trouble with it in the year or so of use.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Did you have to modify the walking foot at all to protect and prevent scarring of the printed material?

We have not done anything to ours. A combo of adjusting the pressure on the foot and not forcing the material through has minimized it here.
I did look into buying a foot used to keep leather from being scratched but the issue is so minimal I haven't gotten around to placing the order.

wayne k
guam usa

WildWestDesigns

I would have to see that. I just not get it

Youtube is your friend. They have some on there, even Nancy's Notions, they do use home machines though in those videos, at least the ones that I have found. However, for straight stitching, it really isn't going to matter. Using twins for decorative stitching is where the differences in models and type are really going to come into play (I think that's addressed in some of the videos as well).

MIMO

We have the Sailrite here. If you've watched the Sailrite videos on their site, it really does live up to the claims. Yes, takes some skill to get a nice straight line, and will take more time than a double needle JUKI, but for the dollar it is a tank and should last a lifetime. No marring or issues.

I definitely have to check out that double needle. I don't get it either.

MIMO

That double needle concept is wicked, just saw a couple of vids. Will be trying that for sure. Thanks for that WildWest.

Of and re: the Sailrite and power...it will go cleanly through near anything....the key is that walking foot that advances the banner material (no matter what machine you are looking at).