• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sale on Affinity Designer

I just wanted to give a head's up to anyone interested in trying out Affinity Designer vector design software that they are having a 20% off sale going on today. You can pick up Affinity Designer for $39.99. I've seen and heard so many great things about this software, we decided to buy it and give it a try.

You can buy Affinity Designer here...
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

bannertime

I just wanted to give a head's up to anyone interested in trying out Affinity Designer vector design software that they are having a 20% off sale going on today. You can pick up Affinity Designer for $39.99. I've seen and heard so many great things about this software, we decided to buy it and give it a try.

You can buy Affinity Designer here...
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

Does it run on a license per computer or is it like Illustrator where I can run it on two on the one license? Nevermind I found it.

How many computers can I install a digital product on?
Serif Software is platform specific. If you wish to use Serif Software on both Mac and Windows platforms, you must purchase a license for each.

As a private individual, you can download, install, use and run for personal use, one copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running either (depending on your purchased license) Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) or macOS (“Mac Computer”) that you personally own or control.

As a commercial enterprise, you can download, install, use and run one copy of the Serif Software for use either: (a) by one specific individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) or Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that they use, own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that you own or control.

An End User License Agreement (EULA) is offered to the user for acceptance on product installation and can be read here.

Which is a tad confusing in their legalese. It appears that you can install it on as many devices as you "own or control."

Returns & refunds
If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within a 14 day period after receipt of your product to receive a full refund. See the returns section of our help & support page for more details.

I think I'm going to give this an honest, solid attempt. Price is too good to pass.

Last edited:
I believe it is one license per computer. I've only got one computer here at the shop that it needs to run on and if I decide to run it at home as well, it's probably worth the $49.99 regular price for the separate license, in my opinion. I'll have to see how much I like it first though before I bother to buy a license for my home computer.

ikarasu

Tempted... For the price it's well worth it, if you don't need illustrator. We threw it on our CNC machine so that our operator could make simple stuff, It wasn't as... fluid as illustrator was.

Some stuff that annoyed me... When creating a circle or shape in illustrator, you click on the artboard and a menu asking you for dimensions pops up. In Affinity you have to draw the shape, goto its properties and then change the dimensions.

Up and mouse wheel scrolls...where as it zooms in illustrator. The scrolling is also the opposite hotkeys as in illustrator..

Lots of little quirky things. I've always hated switching software, so it could just be me. But illustrator feels more polished.

But at $40, it's a no brainer. Free upgrades until V2 also, which isn't bad. I might get it to toy around with in off time, maybe I'll get used to it. Even if I just use it when scaling up artwork it'll be worth it.

Thanks for posting!

bannertime

Up and mouse wheel scrolls...where as it zooms in illustrator. The scrolling is also the opposite hotkeys as in illustrator..[/QUOTE]

I was playing with it last night and found is changed by a setting in the menu. Space bar still allows you to drag the artboard around and zoom can be on the mouse wheel.

I feel the same way though. It's really really good for a $50 program. I don't think it's better than Illustrator. The export tool is kind of clunky. There are a few other things like color swatches and stuff that I'm still trying to figure out. It won't be replacing any of our software any time soon.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
I am wary. I downloaded the trial version. I will compare it to CorelDraw. I only use Illy when necessary. Corel is much faster.

Johnny Best

For my take on it since I have had for a couple of years and it takes time getting use to it. Not really for the type of person who uses it for mechanical things to layout signs or architectural renderings.
More for a designer or artist to get to a vector image. If you are use to Illustrator or Corel then it is a learning curve because you are use to achieiveing something quick. It has more of an artsy feel to it and not the make a rectangle and slap some type in the box and lean your head back and squint your eye sort of thing.
But for $50 you should try it and maybe it will suite you for what you need.