Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sales Commission

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by StarSign, Oct 26, 2012.

1. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Looking for any help on setting up sales commission percentages for my new salesman. Any idea on the range 10% 12% 8%?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    flat 10%

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    10% for all new work and 3% on repeat work.

Tell me though.... how did you manage to already hire someone and he/she not know the details ??

Doing something like that tells me.... you don't need a salesperson.... you're mighty good at it yourself. I'd nix the salesperson and pocket the fees.

4. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    I've always learned if you can do it yourself there is no need.

So have you done the best marketing you can already from print to on & off site advertising

If so & have room for more work great then your salesman should earn upward near $50,000 a year plus depending on size of your company & amount of sales wanted then & everybody will be happy

If your not able ... then what $100 a day is not alot for anybody any more but depends on normal life around ya

5. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    We haven't officially made the offer, just looking to see what the range is.

6. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Outside sales people should price higher 110%-120% of normal shop price. They are providing more service vs. the customers that walk in, email, fax, etc.

7. 11

11 New Member

Apr 14, 2013
    is that 10% before or after tax?

8. signs-work

signs-work Guest

Impact sign and lighting company out of Missouri pays a 20% but requires a minimum of 1.5 mill in sales a year.

9. signs-work

signs-work Guest

i believe LB enterprises pays 20% as well

10. FishnSigns

FishnSigns Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Littleton, Colorado
    As long as they produce and leave a fair amount of profit with the company, might as well reward their efforts. It all depends on the shop and what they are selling. In my experience, if you reward their efforts, you will retain the employee and they will do well in the process. If they do well, so will you.