• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sales Commission

StarSign

Looking for any help on setting up sales commission percentages for my new salesman. Any idea on the range 10% 12% 8%?

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
10% for all new work and 3% on repeat work.

Tell me though.... how did you manage to already hire someone and he/she not know the details ??

Doing something like that tells me.... you don't need a salesperson.... you're mighty good at it yourself. I'd nix the salesperson and pocket the fees.

Craig Sjoquist

I've always learned if you can do it yourself there is no need.

So have you done the best marketing you can already from print to on & off site advertising

If so & have room for more work great then your salesman should earn upward near $50,000 a year plus depending on size of your company & amount of sales wanted then & everybody will be happy

If your not able ... then what $100 a day is not alot for anybody any more but depends on normal life around ya

thmooch

Outside sales people should price higher 110%-120% of normal shop price. They are providing more service vs. the customers that walk in, email, fax, etc.

S

signs-work

Impact sign and lighting company out of Missouri pays a 20% but requires a minimum of 1.5 mill in sales a year.

FishnSigns

As long as they produce and leave a fair amount of profit with the company, might as well reward their efforts. It all depends on the shop and what they are selling. In my experience, if you reward their efforts, you will retain the employee and they will do well in the process. If they do well, so will you.