Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sand Text

Discussion in 'Corel' started by captainron19, Aug 8, 2012.

1. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    Any tips on the best way I can create writing in the center of this heart in the sand?

http://storksnmore.net/temp/heart2.jpg

Trying to get the words Ocean City in 2 lines and have it look as close as possible to look like it was written in the sand (without me having to drive an hour to the beach and make one myself and photograph it) although it is tempting to do!

Found a few tutorials online that helped me but just cant get it

Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    River City Sandwriting font from River City Rubberworks. You can find it on-line.

3. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    Thanks I thought of using the font but dont think I will get the effect I am looking for (Like it was actually written in the sand)

I tried to follow the steps of this tutorial but didnt have any luck either. http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/25610.aspx

4. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    I saw that done with a variable data printer. The guy was showing me the postcards done, where each person's data was written in the sand, and every one was different and unique to that customer. It was very slick. They had handwritten stuff on baseballs, like an autograph, jewelry with the engraving saying the customers name, and things like that. I think he said each font pack for that was like $5K each.

It was awesome though.

5. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Road trip!
    I got shotgun!

the easiest way is a trip to the beach.
    How good is your finger at fonts though?

You could work out some basic curves in the sand that could be used later to construct lettering in photoshop. A couple of hours work at least...unless someone created a really good macro?

6. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    Don't know how you can get the "carved into the sand affect", but to get the text with a sand fill, just copy and paste the pic. Type your text in the darker area [bottom left in pic] and mask the image.

You can then use the transparent fuction to get the shade you need. Maybe some bevels and stuff in photo shop will do it

Not good with PS here so don't really know.

Dave

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
  8. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    TEMPTING!!!! I was going to go to the beach today and make one but got called for overtime at the firehouse so i couldnt turn that down..... but after playing with the clone tool I was able to get a nice effect but still needs some touch up work

Attached Files:

9. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I don't see how that needs any touch up work, looks very believable to me!
    :thumb:

10. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I dunno--it looks great to me. Well done.