• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sand Text

captainron19

Any tips on the best way I can create writing in the center of this heart in the sand?

http://storksnmore.net/temp/heart2.jpg

Trying to get the words Ocean City in 2 lines and have it look as close as possible to look like it was written in the sand (without me having to drive an hour to the beach and make one myself and photograph it) although it is tempting to do!

Found a few tutorials online that helped me but just cant get it

CES020

I saw that done with a variable data printer. The guy was showing me the postcards done, where each person's data was written in the sand, and every one was different and unique to that customer. It was very slick. They had handwritten stuff on baseballs, like an autograph, jewelry with the engraving saying the customers name, and things like that. I think he said each font pack for that was like $5K each.

It was awesome though.

anotherdog

Road trip!
I got shotgun!

the easiest way is a trip to the beach.
How good is your finger at fonts though?

You could work out some basic curves in the sand that could be used later to construct lettering in photoshop. A couple of hours work at least...unless someone created a really good macro?

ova

Don't know how you can get the "carved into the sand affect", but to get the text with a sand fill, just copy and paste the pic. Type your text in the darker area [bottom left in pic] and mask the image.

You can then use the transparent fuction to get the shade you need. Maybe some bevels and stuff in photo shop will do it

Not good with PS here so don't really know.

Dave

captainron19

Road trip!
I got shotgun!

TEMPTING!!!! I was going to go to the beach today and make one but got called for overtime at the firehouse so i couldnt turn that down..... but after playing with the clone tool I was able to get a nice effect but still needs some touch up work

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 128

CanuckSigns

TEMPTING!!!! I was going to go to the beach today and make one but got called for overtime at the firehouse so i couldnt turn that down..... but after playing with the clone tool I was able to get a nice effect but still needs some touch up work

I don't see how that needs any touch up work, looks very believable to me!
:thumb:

thewood

I dunno--it looks great to me. Well done.