• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sandy

SIGNTIME

we are right 200 ft from the hudson river last year with Irene water came within an inch of the bottom of our door... hoping it doesn't come in this time

Marlene

it is suppose to start here later today. we aren't suppose to get the flooding like Irene but the winds are likely to take out the power lines all over the state.

TheSnowman

Man I'd love a good old snow storm! I can do without a regular hurricane storm though. I'm in Indiana and we're supposed to have 60MPH wind gusts, so I can't imagine what you guys have on the coast.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I'm on the eastern shore about 40 minutes from Ocean City, and currently its only raining. They say that its going to get bad around 2:00 this afternoon...But personally, my biggest concern for us here is that we loose power, and the food in the freezer will go bad.

I went out this morning and started the pump to get the water off my pool cover...There is about 12" of water on it from yesterday.

fmg

Here at Bridgeport CT wind is starting to really build up.
Hope everyone stays safe.

Typestries

Have 2' of water in front of my house.....and I live mid-block. Office/shop is holding its own but we are closed today obviously. As of right now our staff is safe, but dealing with protecting property.

Marlene

Here at Bridgeport CT wind is starting to really build up.

heard people in your area are going to get slammed later at tonight's high tide. hope you all are safe and can find high ground

SignManiac

Spoke with my brother yesterday who still lives in Montauk, at the eastern end of Long Island and they are gearing up for some major flooding and power outages. They are predicting it could be as bad as the 1938 hurricane that devastated the island back then. Gonna be a rough ride!

Hate to look at the possible good in this but, there are going to be a lot of signs needed replaced in the North East...This could be an end of year boon for many of our members up there when normally sales start dropping off.

Of course this post is going to make me look like an *** if 100s die.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's dumping a lot of rain since last night, but they say the brunt of the storm will hit later this afternoon til tomorrow morning for us.... with a chance of the storm lingering here for 36 hours depending on fronts, lows, temperatures and all kinds of other sh!t. I rarely depend on their predictions, I get better results from looking out the window. Anyway, we might close tomorrow. If so, we have a house generator at home and I stocked up on Bushmill, so I'm ready for anything........ :toasting:

Stay safe and dry, everyone. :thumb:

Marlene

Hate to look at the possible good in this but, there are going to be a lot of signs needed replaced in the North East...This could be an end of year boon for many of our members up there when normally sales start dropping off.

OMG, people losing everything sure is good for profit! I hope that no one needs to call us because they lost a sign in this and hope that all in the path will come out of this OK.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

OMG, people losing everything sure is good for profit! I hope that no one needs to call us because they lost a sign in this and hope that all in the path will come out of this OK.

It's gonna take a lot more to make that statement sound at all good for business. Cashing in on others misery or hardships is not a good time to be thinking about profits.Business is business, but this ain't the time.

Election outcomes, stock market trading and other man-made conditions, but never something from Mother Nature unleashing her fury upon us. There's already I believe some 40 deaths because of this storm.

SlightlyChilled

Have fun people. Ill be the crazy guy on the poles getting you back on line... I think I will be tied up for the next week or so. See you all then

I should let it die, and I'm not hoping for the worst...Hell I'm not even in the area ..but are you guys going to be donating signs at cost for those who lost em? Sure you won't mark them up..at least I hope not, but you are going to sell them and there is going to be a demand. So I don't see where my post could be construed as profiteering

What about the guys that load up trucks with generators and drive up there to sell for extreme prices? Are they bad people? They are providing a service and making a profit?