• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sassy ---3D--

RogueRoller

Sign I got completed and installed Thought I would Share.

Sign is 30" X 96"

Built Our of 1 LBS. EPS Foam (3 Pieces Of Foam) Completely hollow inside.
Hard shelled
Then Faux Finished to look like the Marble Tile that was inside the store. (Red-Pink Wide Format Print.) Inside painted Red.
Sign Has LED red lighting wrapping around the inside edge.
The back of the Sign is White Cor-Plast
The Red LED Lights fill up the inside space with red light and reflect the light of the Cor-Plast white backing. (This gives it a strange red glow coming from the inside OOOooooooo.)

Cost to build $237.00
There you Go Built in 5.5 hours.
Cost of sign and design with out install $3,668.00

Built it after Work Contractor Installed it before mall was open.
Started on it at 3:00 pm Finished it at 8:30 pm. (not a Bad Nights Pay)
What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• sassy1.jpeg
    sassy1.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Sassy2.jpeg
    Sassy2.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 107
  • sassy3.jpg
    sassy3.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 75
  • sassy4.jpg
    sassy4.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 95

Justin

Did you coat it with that styrospray before putting the wide-format printed print on it? (is the 2nd pic the styrospray?)

How did you hollow out the inside?

RogueRoller

Yes styrospray is the hard shell.
The sign was with three parts.
2 parts were the same top and bottom
The face was cut as a wave. Top and bottom match the wave front.
(Look at Pic 2 you can see the seems )

Any other questions?

Justin

Hey Charlie,

Thanks for replying. I'm getting more, and more excited about this foam stuff! I see you using those hotwire tools you showed me too! I do have one more ? How was it mounted? How strong is the styrospray? Did you just glue the coroplast to the foam, or use screws(if the styrospray is strong enough?)

RogueRoller

Hey Charlie,

Thanks for replying. I'm getting more, and more excited about this foam stuff! I see you using those hotwire tools you showed me too! I do have one more ? How was it mounted? How strong is the styrospray? Did you just glue the coroplast to the foam, or use screws(if the styrospray is strong enough?)

The contractor used screws on the to top I gave him a mounting surface.
5 screws.

The coroplast was mounted by aligning the coro too the back then drilling holes threw the coro and threw the hard shell into the foam.

Making a 1/6 in wide hole. Made a hole every 6 inches

Then I coated 16 penny nails with some Gorilla Glue. pressed them into the holes and let it set up.

Indoor signs are fun because they get no wind rain or sun.

They preferred this sign to be light and easy to move because they feel they will outgrow this space in a year.

They hope to use this sign inside the next store and have me do something more over the top for the next one.

Justin

Charlie,

Thank you for explaining that. I really, really appreciate the information, and motivation you've provided here, and on the phone. This type of stuff seems really fun, profitable, and fairly easy to do. I'm waiting to get paid for some vinyl letters I cut, and then I am headed to Lowe's. I'm probably going to try rigging up my own little hot wire tool to make a sign for myself, and try it out before I buy those tools from that site.(I really like the screwdriver/knife tool like what you were using it looks like).

Thanks again! I'll send you pictures when I get my first foam sign done! It will probably take me a week, or so. I'm going to create it out of foam(prob a day), and then order the styrospray & paint it. You're AWESOME, Charlie!

RogueRoller

I'm glad you are going to give it a try. I did just post Human Sign Post This is another way i use foam.

God bless

SignManiac

I love the selling price the most :)))

The finished result is impressive considering the materials and method!