• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saving and RGB PSHOP file as an EPS problem....

designflow

I was wondering why when I design something in photoshop in RGB and save it as and eps to keep my type clean that when i print, it draws a light cyan box around my design that suppost to be white? I know it has to be a setting in photoshop cause I had a similar problem when I designed something in CMYK and HAD A magenta box. I had to check off PostScript Color Managment box, but it doesnt work with the RGB???

designflow

heres the photo 2012-01-27_08-42-04_753.jpg

Letterbox Mike

Why not try a .tiff with no compression? If your resolution is high enough your text will also be clean. Worth a try. If you do a .tiff and still get the box something else aside from the filetype is afoot.

TresL

Needs tranparent background, use CMYK or save in ILL with a mask.

Printer doesn't see the background as a true white.

BPI Color

Flatten your image or merge everything down until you have a single transparent layer. Then add an curves adjustment layer. Drag the middle up to boost your color. This should show you if you have rogue color values in your background. I see this occasionally with outer glows and drop shadows from layer blending effects.
And use a copy of your file for this so you don't accidentally save yourself into a corner.