• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saving ink while printing

jaly723

Anyone know how to not lay down as much ink while printing. I know you can turn the Output down below 100%, but is there another way? I have a JV33-160.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to know how long your inks are guaranteed to last outdoors at original setting/profiles ??

If you go tampering with the amounts of ink going down, don't you think for a split second, they'll last an even shorter amount of time ??

We get three to five years without screwing around with profiles. With laminate, another 18 months or so. In your case, you might get 1 to 2 years and I doubt the laminate will help much at that point. How cheap can you go for your customers before it starts to have a repercussion of hurting your business ?? Besides, how can you say you are selling the same product as the guy down the street if you're watering down your inks ??

ironchef

I agree. But some profiles ouput too much ink(generic gpvc). I lower the density by 5, when i use that profile. And another profile (hexisvg3000w) puts down too little ink so i up the density by 5 or 10.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Thats where getting the right tools (i1 and ability to create profiles either in your RIP or third party app) gives a big advantage. Then you are always putting down the correct amount of ink for the specific material you make the profile for. Plus you will have considerably more accurate color and depending on how poor the canned profiles are (and they are generally not great by any means) you will have an expanded gamut as well.