Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving ink while printing

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by jaly723, Sep 19, 2012.

1. jaly723

jaly723 Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Memphis, TN
    Anyone know how to not lay down as much ink while printing. I know you can turn the Output down below 100%, but is there another way? I have a JV33-160.

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Create your own profiles...

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I'd like to know how long your inks are guaranteed to last outdoors at original setting/profiles ??

If you go tampering with the amounts of ink going down, don't you think for a split second, they'll last an even shorter amount of time ??

We get three to five years without screwing around with profiles. With laminate, another 18 months or so. In your case, you might get 1 to 2 years and I doubt the laminate will help much at that point. How cheap can you go for your customers before it starts to have a repercussion of hurting your business ?? Besides, how can you say you are selling the same product as the guy down the street if you're watering down your inks ??

4. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    I agree. But some profiles ouput too much ink(generic gpvc). I lower the density by 5, when i use that profile. And another profile (hexisvg3000w) puts down too little ink so i up the density by 5 or 10.

5. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Thats where getting the right tools (i1 and ability to create profiles either in your RIP or third party app) gives a big advantage. Then you are always putting down the correct amount of ink for the specific material you make the profile for. Plus you will have considerably more accurate color and depending on how poor the canned profiles are (and they are generally not great by any means) you will have an expanded gamut as well.

6. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Yea. For mimaki there's profile master 2... there should be classes for this. Are there any?