• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC 500 - No Media Suction

Fake

My old boat anchor (Roland SC-500) has lost media / platen suction. Everything else is functioning normally (well kinda normally as you could expect from a printer thats 15 years old).

Has anyone experienced this? Interested in what it could be, as I am going to sell it.

Ragnabrok

if theres NO suction, the vacuum fans aren't running. dead fans, damaged cable, broken board, all the usuals for something not running.

If the fans are running, but suctions is really low, they do build up paper shreds and dust inside the impellers, and a good cleaning will get them back up to snuff.

Fake

if theres NO suction, the vacuum fans aren't running. dead fans, damaged cable, broken board, all the usuals for something not running.

If the fans are running, but suctions is really low, they do build up paper shreds and dust inside the impellers, and a good cleaning will get them back up to snuff.

No no fans at all so it's some / all of your first suggestions.

think it's time to eBay it