• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SC-540 Cutter data cable coming apart

DravidDavid

Hi Guys,

The plastic surrounding the ribbon cable that runs to the cut module on my SC-540 has come apart. The plastic surround catches on the metal clamp that holds the lineal encoder on and stuffs up the calibration. It also bunches up and causes issues occasionally.

I tried taping it, but it seems as if the plastics are different lengths top and bottom and securing them essentially makes the problem worse.

cable1.jpg cable2.jpg

Any DIY solutions out there?

Cheers :)

rjssigns

Only thing I can think of is buy a new set of cables. Mine didn't some apart, but they were shot and caused print errors. Cables are dirt cheap, just make sure to buy extra fasteners. Took about 4 hours from tear down back to printing.

DravidDavid

Sounds like that is the way that I'm going. Putting the shielding back together is proving to be a nightmare and not working. Thanks for the advice!

ErkanDeluxe

Large Format Tech
Be aware though, The cable does not include the two protective plastic sheets, they must be bought separately. Unless you find a kit of some sort.
On a few of the machines i've replaced the ribbon cable i've had to redo the whole thing due to the way the sheets are mounted, it's kind of tricky, but if you're not having electrical issues it might be unnecessary to replace the actual cable, although they do fail sometimes so if the machine have a lot of hours it may be for the best.

Adam24

Hi David,
Did you manage to get this resolved got a similar issue with my XC 540 also what did you do to resolve this?

Thanks
Adam