• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sc-540 cyan head banding - misfire just in the first ~2cm

XL_poster

print it easy...:)
Hi there!
Besides we have an old SC-540 with some problem with the cyan head.
Testprint shows that the first fire line is not in full length,
during printing - if the pic has cyan in it - the machine makes aprox 3 cm light/deficient cyan print.
Ribbon cable is half year old.
(yup black is not in very good condition... cleaning needed :) )
Where can I start to search some solution?
SC-540 - 4 color, just 4 channel is used, no light channels, refill system.

Attachments

• 20171117_074733.jpg
    20171117_074733.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 236

BogdanRo

Hi, if ribbon is only half year old, i would check the connectirs bith on the head and electric board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woolly

Judging by the state of all the heads the capping and pumps are poor. Presume it's not Roland inks.
The reason for the missing line could be seveal things. It will leave banding but not fading away print.
You could change or swop the cable to see as its the cheapest to start with but to get the printer back to some sort of quality prints will need a deep pocket.
I have a sc540 pro2 from new and still a fabulous bit of kit. Just needs looking after.

XL_poster

print it easy...:)
Yes, as I mentioned it has refill system . Caps-dampers are new, heads aproxx 4years old (I think they are ok for what we are use for. For Quality prints we have 2 vs-640.)
Will try to check the connectors, and ribbon. Any other suggestion?