• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-545EX yellow black fuse and transistor keep blowing.

bovegas

I just replaced print head. When I was changing manifold a little cleaning solution spilled on the head. I had sinked in isopropyl alcohol, waited 1 hour and installed. I did test print and it was great. After i did cleaning and tried test print again there was no yellow black print. I have checked fuse and found out it was blown and also took out transistor too. I have replaced them both and tried again. Again it did couple test prints and it was blown again. I could smell transistor was over heating. Do you guys have any idea what it could be. I took out print head and sinked again in alcohol. This time I will leave it overnight to dry. Reason I have replaced print head in first place is my yellow had huge overspray, so I tought head is going bad.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the original problem with the head was bad over spray, I would say that the board itself is bad or you have a bad cable somewhere along the line. You may have damaged the head with the solvent on the electronics. Fix the fuse and transistor again and put the old head back in, if the fuse doesn't blow again, it's most likely the new head is damaged. If it blows again, the board or cables are bad. Also, double check the head cables for any burn marks, ink on the leads or any other damage or debris.

Although I have head of it working for some people, I have never been a big fan of submerging the head in alcohol, especially a new head. That may have something to do with the problem as well.

meritan

its a difficult problem to resove, need a tech, the same problem with light magenta, and I don't know if cable, headboard or what problem

bovegas

Fixed!!!

Ok I got good news. Its working. I have submerge head again in alcohol. Let it sit there for 5 minutes, than I let it dry overnight. Also I took cables out and clean them, because it was some ink on the ends. I put new transistor and fuse. After I turn on the printer today after installation I got only one side of the head working. First I thought head is bad but I checked board where I solder transistor and realized that transistor needs to be soldered on both sides of the board. After i did that , everything is working great. Thanks for replies.