• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC500 Printing problem

cavrom

I just bought a second hand SC500 from a distant warehouse.
After I put the printer into my shop, I changed right away both printheads with new ones (DX2).
The sad thing is it's not firing ink :frustrated: !!!
The cleaning is ok, the ink flows good, also the cutter works perfectly, the only thing is I don't see any drop of ink :covereyes:

I entered in service menu and I checked all sensors and memory - everything seems ok.

Please advice...

Thanks a lot in advance.

PS# Someone knows where are printhead fuses located at SC-500 ?

Last edited:

MrSalumi

Che fatch?

If you are starting from scratch it could be dozens of things. The fuses are located on the head board. Once you have the cover off and are looking at the head board from the rear of the machine, they will be on the left side of the board. They'll be labeled F1,F2,F3,F4. Look closely and you'll see. PS they are soldered in not pushed in like other electronics.

cavrom

Dear Mr.Salumi,

Thank you for your response! Btw. "Che fatch?" in Romanian is "Ce faci?" :)) Anyway you are good!

I attached head carriage board, can you show me where are those fuses?
I cannot identify well enough :((

Thank you very much!

Andrei

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 103

MrSalumi

can you take another picture of the board from the top that shows the whole board? I'll circle the fuses and post it here if you do.

cavrom

I put the foto on the first page in this pdf file.
jpg file limit of 1Mo is not enough so... please see the pdf.

Thank you

Attachments

• Graphic1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 330

anozira02

It seems you took a picture of your Main Board.. the head board located on the top of the carriage where the head cables connected to the board...but I doubt that are fuses located there for the print heads. You may possibly shorted out the driver or some resisters on the main board...some time this happens when changing print heads without unplugging the main power cable in the back..

cavrom

The head board doesn't have any fuses or resistors on it, only a IC and 1 electrolitic capacitor. From the main board, I already measured 2 transistors (drivers) and 2 resistors... The drivers are shorted and one resistor is burned, one is only overheated.

anozira02

it is time to send your board to Macmedia...Kent will fix it for you,, he is working on a cpl. of boards for me now...