• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC540 print mode question

Tim J.

Got roland SC540, bought used a few years ago. Does a great job, as I'm a small shop, not using every day, etc.
My question is regarding the print modes. I had the Roland service here about 8-9 months ago for a tune-up, and all works well until lately. Whenever I get ready to print a job, the service man told me to use ESM-GCVP for glossy vinyl. It prints fine, but after aprox 6-8 passes back and forth, it stops, and goes through what appears to be a cleaning cycle. Then another 6-8 passes, same thing. Any ideas? Is it the print mode causing this, or is it something else?
Thanks,Tim

kffernandez

there is a setting where you tell it to go through a cleaning cycle every few mins. you probably placed a value there by mistake.

kelly

patricklane

Got roland SC540, bought used a few years ago. Does a great job, as I'm a small shop, not using every day, etc.
My question is regarding the print modes. I had the Roland service here about 8-9 months ago for a tune-up, and all works well until lately. Whenever I get ready to print a job, the service man told me to use ESM-GCVP for glossy vinyl. It prints fine, but after aprox 6-8 passes back and forth, it stops, and goes through what appears to be a cleaning cycle. Then another 6-8 passes, same thing. Any ideas? Is it the print mode causing this, or is it something else?
Thanks,Tim

In the menu disable periodic cleaning.