• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sc545ex Print Problems Drop Out And Spotty

Hogwild16

I'm working on vehicle magnets. In the test picture, there is both black dots showing in the red making the red letters look very splotchy. Then there is over spray on the black. I'm using versaworks, print head high, bi directional, sign and display color management. The material profile is an oracal profile.

I have also posted pictures of test prints that show serious drop outs. however, my group c issues have been like this since I've owned this business in July of last year, yet not having these print problems.

I've cleaned both automatically within the printer and manually. I'm very careful to only dab the print heads with roland cleaning solution. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2142.JPG
    IMG_2142.JPG
    879.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    834.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    662.6 KB · Views: 116

Ragnabrok

Thats some serious overspray. Nozzle patterns look like ink supply issues, since it's moving around i'd guess the caps not sealing, either from cap failure, or cap misalignment.

Overspray is hard to see from the pic, but looks more static than deflection given how long the trails run off. I've never been a fan of printing on magnetic, i'd rather print on vinyl then apply it to magnetic than drag that heavy stuff through a printer.

Hey Hogwild16,

Ragnabrok is on the right track, the problem could be caused by static (environmental and/or media buildup), the caps not sealing the heads well (creating deflection with dried ink), etc. All of the symptoms justify contacting an authorized Roland dealership to have them help and repair the printer. Please contact your dealer and they'll take care of you.

If you don't have a dealer that you normally work with, you can find one by using our locator service online here: Dealer Locator | Roland

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn