• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Scammer on here

altereddezignz

Just so everyone know the user Harlon Hales is a scammer and his email address is all over the internet for the same. Wanting banners made.
Thanks

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_83 Jul. 24 12.14.png
    ScreenHunter_83 Jul. 24 12.14.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 714

bannertime

I saw that this morning. I thought it was a joke about my tagline at first. Then I noticed he was all over the place. I really hope no one is desperate enough to email them for any reason other than trolling.

TammieH

You can normally Google most of these and see that they are scammers, the body of the email is nearly always the same with this person/persons

Johnny Best

I use Avast Mac Security app and did not see it or get a message.

I was wondering what happened to the post where Merritt Graphics was upset with another Merchant Member for giving away banners for 25 cents a sq '

equippaint

Can someone explain the "banner scam"?
Funny scammer story -to me- I had a coworker that got taken by the Nigerian scheme of scrap rail steel. It was funny because he kept it close to his chest, he worked so hard for this deal. He kept talking about how he wouldn't have to work because he was onto a deal with a buddy of his. We sold scrap handling machines so it was in the realm of possibilities, but most grounded people know there is no such thing as get rich quick - unless you're a politician or lotto winner of course. It went on for 6 months with him talking about how the deal was close to getting done yet he was sooo scared that if he divulged too much info that one of us A-holes would go after it too. He leaked that it was rail steel to another coworker and we both figured it out thanks to google. What an idiot. I think he got had for close to 100k. He was soo tight lipped and full of himself over it lol. He never admitted to it and his deal slowly went hush.

Pippin Decals

I did get a message from him asking if I printed banners......... was just about to send them down to print should I hold off?

I am curious about this whole post lol.. Hasnt he been removed from the group. and did you get a cleared payment from this guy or you just sending to print before payment? I never start any job without payment first .

d fleming

Believe it is safe to say he sent to all. I got one too. Thought is was sketchy at a glance and just said no.

Pippin Decals

I was just kidding. I don't respond to scam messages of any sort and definitely don't print jobs without payment upfront. :)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

good. I had a friend i met on another forum that actually did make something before payment cause the guy actually called him on the phone . I jumped his ass for it lol.... he gets deposits up front now and doesnt start anything till payment/deposit clears first lol.

SkyHighJK

I do believe your mods took care of it, but here is a picture capture for ya. View attachment 129656

So after almost 2 years of being a member of this forum and becoming more and more familiar with the various "regulars" this is the first time that I've ever really noticed Gino's avatar.... I'd never taken the time to look at it up close until just now.
Gino: I have newfound respect for you. Not that I didn't before --- I just have even more now. That's a pretty funny picture!

mfatty500

I am curious about this whole post lol.. Hasnt he been removed from the group. and did you get a cleared payment from this guy or you just sending to print before payment? I never start any job without payment first .
Sorry I can't doodle as good as Johnny Best

Attachments

• hooked.jpg
    hooked.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 460

gabagoo

just received this...

Good day,

My name is Billy Loague . I would like to place an order on Vinyl banners

size: 32" x 60" Finished

Qty 100 13oz. scrim banner

The background it’s yellow with black letters, and 8 grommets 4 in the top and 4 in the bottom. Attached is the art work.

Also let me know the form of Payment you Accept, as well as if am making this order with the Manager or Owner.

Whats the eta on how long it will take to be ready ones i make payment.

I will be awaiting for your response back the soonest.

Thank You.

Billy Loague

....I replied 10 minutes

hcardwell93

I got the same email. Told him $895 for a banner and I need to cash his US Money Order before working on it.

just received this...

Good day,

My name is Billy Loague . I would like to place an order on Vinyl banners

size: 32" x 60" Finished

Qty 100 13oz. scrim banner

The background it’s yellow with black letters, and 8 grommets 4 in the top and 4 in the bottom. Attached is the art work.

Also let me know the form of Payment you Accept, as well as if am making this order with the Manager or Owner.

Whats the eta on how long it will take to be ready ones i make payment.

I will be awaiting for your response back the soonest.

Thank You.

Billy Loague

....I replied 10 minutes

equippaint

So whats the scam? Why would someone want 100 banners? Like I get being tricked into mailing jewelry or the overpay and refund me scam but just cant wrap my head around this one.