• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scams?

CentralSigns

I had a guy order 1000 t-shirts. He will pick up in person. Paid by VISA. Anyone know of any scams running out there. Guy is kind of mysterious only dealing by email for order. I know I will not release the t's till I see real person.

CentralSigns

Paid by VISA 2 separate cards, like split the $7000 in total. VISA cleared into my accounts today. Now just waiting for shirts to come in, maybe Thursday.

binki

You got $7/shirt for blanks? What are they made of, gold?

The scams are normally something where they over pay you and you give them real money back and you are stuck with the product and a bounced check or chargeback.

CentralSigns

You got $7/shirt for blanks? What are they made of, gold?

The scams are normally something where they over pay you and you give them real money back and you are stuck with the product and a bounced check or chargeback.

Thanks I should be OK then. The shirts are nice ones bikini, quality just costs more. We aren't cutting each others throats over here, so the market can bear a little more is all.

signs2trade

Scam.....run the credit card first. It will probably clear. Do not print the shirts. Wait one week for the charge back.

2B

its a scam,

like i45 said wait for the charge back.

out of curiosity did the information match on the two cards? name, billing address, etc... and did you get a photo of the card are just the information?

a good rule of thumb is if it sounds fishy have them take a photo front/back of the card and of the DL front/back of the person whose name is on the card

CentralSigns

UPDATE

Received a call today from customer, he will send FedEx directions tomorrow for shirts. Red Flags !!!!! Kind of weird.

Call the phone operator check number on display and find the call was from Giena. Check the fax area code, it was a US number, Customer has a Canadian address. Flag, Flag, Flag. We process VISA by phone. Called Chase our processing company, They throw in red flags when they hear story. Conference call both Visa companies with Chase, that's the customers companies. Both Cards customer supplied Ontario addresses don't match American card holders real addresses or names for that mater. Both purchases voided, that's $7000, Chase will remove what they deposited from the cards into my accounts via claw back from my bank account. A good portion of the monies went to get product. Summer operating capital is low, Now bank had to freese accounts till all the money gets all shuffled back.

What a day!!!!!!:bushmill::bushmill::bushmill:

Glad I figured it out before I shipped anything. We will forever do business differently.

The cops opened a file but expect no action.

Might call Uncle Hector the Collector and see if he has any C-4 in his collection. Then send the shirts anyway if you know what I mean!!!!

Drip Dry

Aren't you glad your a member here.

If you weren't, maybe you wouldn't have known about these scams and would have gone through with it and lost a lot of money.

Gotta love this place
Thank your friends who saw it coming

CentralSigns

Probably never would have been as cautious. Being here certainly led me to know not to ship any product. Glad I didn't damage any product or print any banners or shirts.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good to hear you didn't get taken all the way.
Now what to do with 1k shirts.
I heard the US Olympic national committee might be looking for some duds.
If your shirts are US made you might be able to make them a deal......

wayne k
guam usa

2B

Good to hear you didn't get taken all the way.
Now what to do with 1k shirts.
I heard the US Olympic national committee might be looking for some duds.
If your shirts are US made you might be able to make them a deal......

wayne k
guam usa

:U Rock: