Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scams?

Discussion in 'Printwear' started by CentralSigns, Jul 17, 2012.

1. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    I had a guy order 1000 t-shirts. He will pick up in person. Paid by VISA. Anyone know of any scams running out there. Guy is kind of mysterious only dealing by email for order. I know I will not release the t's till I see real person.

Tags:
  2. allamericantrade

allamericantrade Member

Dec 30, 2011
    get stuff like that all the time. Did they actually pay? I usually ignore the requests and never persue it further.

3. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Paid by VISA 2 separate cards, like split the $7000 in total. VISA cleared into my accounts today. Now just waiting for shirts to come in, maybe Thursday.

4. john1

john1 Guest

Seems fishy to me

5. mopar691

mopar691 Member

Sep 15, 2010
    watch for reversed payments

6. oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper Roper of Goats. Old ones.

Jul 28, 2009
    Alberta
    What do they want printed on the shirts?

7. binki

binki Very Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    You got $7/shirt for blanks? What are they made of, gold?

The scams are normally something where they over pay you and you give them real money back and you are stuck with the product and a bounced check or chargeback.

8. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Thanks I should be OK then. The shirts are nice ones bikini, quality just costs more. We aren't cutting each others throats over here, so the market can bear a little more is all.

9. binki

binki Very Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    then a great big woot! for you. good deal.

10. AzGene

AzGene Verboten

May 9, 2010
    Earth
    Sorry Central, you just got screwed big time. The end game has not yet been played.

11. signs2trade

signs2trade Active Member

Scam.....run the credit card first. It will probably clear. Do not print the shirts. Wait one week for the charge back.

12. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    its a scam,

like i45 said wait for the charge back.

out of curiosity did the information match on the two cards? name, billing address, etc... and did you get a photo of the card are just the information?

a good rule of thumb is if it sounds fishy have them take a photo front/back of the card and of the DL front/back of the person whose name is on the card

13. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    :popcorn:

14. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    UPDATE

Received a call today from customer, he will send FedEx directions tomorrow for shirts. Red Flags !!!!! Kind of weird.

Call the phone operator check number on display and find the call was from Giena. Check the fax area code, it was a US number, Customer has a Canadian address. Flag, Flag, Flag. We process VISA by phone. Called Chase our processing company, They throw in red flags when they hear story. Conference call both Visa companies with Chase, that's the customers companies. Both Cards customer supplied Ontario addresses don't match American card holders real addresses or names for that mater. Both purchases voided, that's $7000, Chase will remove what they deposited from the cards into my accounts via claw back from my bank account. A good portion of the monies went to get product. Summer operating capital is low, Now bank had to freese accounts till all the money gets all shuffled back.

What a day!!!!!!:bushmill::bushmill::bushmill:

Glad I figured it out before I shipped anything. We will forever do business differently.

The cops opened a file but expect no action.

Might call Uncle Hector the Collector and see if he has any C-4 in his collection. Then send the shirts anyway if you know what I mean!!!!

15. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    Aren't you glad your a member here.

If you weren't, maybe you wouldn't have known about these scams and would have gone through with it and lost a lot of money.

Gotta love this place
    Thank your friends who saw it coming

16. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Probably never would have been as cautious. Being here certainly led me to know not to ship any product. Glad I didn't damage any product or print any banners or shirts.

17. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    See story post #14 Just hoping to warn a few more

18. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Good to hear you didn't get taken all the way.
    Now what to do with 1k shirts.
    I heard the US Olympic national committee might be looking for some duds.
    If your shirts are US made you might be able to make them a deal......

wayne k
    guam usa

19. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX

:U Rock:

20. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    What were the shirts going to say?